Why become a member? ×

Smooth Hound Innovations Digital Wireless Guitar System

Dood

Thanks for the info dude. 

The only thing was, on the Interference light, it was only at the bottom, indicating that the signal was okay. No metal structures in the way of me either.

Was a huge event, big Shure antenna//masts things were deployed as we were all running IEMs. I just turn up and take the pack so have no idea of configuration. 

9 hours ago, alexpea said:

I have one of these. I find the signal drops out as soon as I get over a couple of metres away from the receiver. Have I got it on the wrong setting?

That's not good, I've heard that their support is very good though.  Have you given the a shout?

• 2 months later...

Pm'd Chris earlier this week as a heavy footed drummer had managed to kick both my aerials and they were only attached by the wire, turns out Smoothound isn't far from me, so this morning I got my receiver repaired, some tweaks to my transmitter, a decent cup of coffee, and a very nice chat to boot.  It turns out mine is one of the early ones...I feel quite proud of that,  and I'm still happy to sing the praises of these guys, great quality gear and top notch customer service too!

• Like 2

On 2/9/2018 at 14:39, Oopsdabassist said:

Pm'd Chris earlier this week as a heavy footed drummer had managed to kick both my aerials and they were only attached by the wire, turns out Smoothound isn't far from me, so this morning I got my receiver repaired, some tweaks to my transmitter, a decent cup of coffee, and a very nice chat to boot.  It turns out mine is one of the early ones...I feel quite proud of that,  and I'm still happy to sing the praises of these guys, great quality gear and top notch customer service too!

That's great.

I'm still using mine, been great so far although. Playing at Pinewood Studios this weekend so hoping to utilise the whole room, so we'll see if it can cope. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

for anyone wanting to easily mount their Smoothound transmitter on a strap, I've got a new design for a simple 3D printed clip assembly that holds the REAN connector to your strap and can be left attached to it.  The transmitter & extension cable fit into the connector as normal.  I'll also do a more universal one that mounts with a velcro strap as this one only fits length-ways on a leather strap into the length adjustment slots.

just testing the first prototype.  the parts are printed in a modified ABS polymer and are more than strong enough - see what you think (pics attached)

smoothound clamp 7.jpg

smoothound clamp 6.jpg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, intime-nick said:

for anyone wanting to easily mount their Smoothound transmitter on a strap, I've got a new design for a simple 3D printed clip assembly that holds the REAN connector to your strap and can be left attached to it.  The transmitter & extension cable fit into the connector as normal.  I'll also do a more universal one that mounts with a velcro strap as this one only fits length-ways on a leather strap into the length adjustment slots.

just testing the first prototype.  the parts are printed in a modified ABS polymer and are more than strong enough - see what you think (pics attached)

smoothound clamp 7.jpg

smoothound clamp 6.jpg

When will these be for sale?

testing the prototype now - i need to give it some usual gig abuse to be certain it's OK but i'm pretty confident it'll be fine.  It'll probably be a week or so before i can make some more (as my printer is fully booked) and then i'll cost it up (it'll only be a few quid or a bit more with the REAN connector pre-installed.  Will let you know.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, EBS_freak said:

I don't know if it's my place to say... but it involves plenty of DSP...

I wonder if it is what Chris and I discussed a couple of years ago? (I really don’t know at this point as I couldn’t go to the show.)

6 hours ago, intime-nick said:

smoothound clamp 7.jpg

smoothound clamp 6.jpg

Absolutely awesome and will definitely be a quality product, that I know for sure.

On 01/03/2018 at 16:52, intime-nick said:

testing the prototype now - i need to give it some usual gig abuse to be certain it's OK but i'm pretty confident it'll be fine.  It'll probably be a week or so before i can make some more (as my printer is fully booked) and then i'll cost it up (it'll only be a few quid or a bit more with the REAN connector pre-installed.  Will let you know.

Great stuff! Count me in, please!

9 hours ago, Woodinblack said:

Looks good but in the first picture does it not go flat?

it does sit flat - there is a bit of play in the jack plug joint on mine and that, combined with the slightly springy battery door and orientation of the strap for the photo is the reason for the small gap shown.  a small piece of velcro wold stop any movement but it doesn't move around much at all even after a thorough shaking last night ! 

Edited by intime-nick