Why become a member? ×

The Damned on tour

Marvin

Saw them some years ago at Torquay town hall. Mrs Mep is a huge fan and took me along. I would suggest standing at the side unless you like serious moshing. The Captain was walking through the crowd so keep an eye out for him. Enjoy the show.

Captain Sensible once said he wanted to ask me to play in his solo band. Many years ago it was. When I asked him why the hell he didn't he replied saying that he didn't think I'd want to. True story :)

I love punk but just can't do The Damned live, last time I saw them it was a set of about 5 songs with extended guitar solos until you get really bored, Oi Captain you aint Dave Gilmour so stop it! I think they are playing Northampton this week, sadly I won't be attending!

Never was a punk but saw them in a small theatre back in 78 with Algie Ward on bass I think....crazy loud, kinda scary and the Captain naked and covered in shaving foam!.
First time I'd ever heard a P with rounds going through an SVT with a pair of 8X10's......clang heaven!

They were very good last night. Sensible was very entertaining. A good 90min set.

The only downside was the sound/mix. Maybe it's my hearing but I couldn't hear Dave Vanian for most of the gig and the bass, drums and low end of the keys was a bugger awful sludge IMO. And, I know it's terribly un-Punk to say so but it was too loud. Excessive volume IMO just makes for a crap sound.