Why become a member? ×

You know a new bass is good when. . .

molan

after playing it at a full volume, pre-gig, rehearsal your guitarist leans over and says "I don't know what you were playing on that last song but you must do that every time from now on - it sounded great, so much funkier than the way you usually play it".

You then point out you played it exactly the same way you always play it but just on a new bass that you haven't used before :)

In this case my regular band are used to me turning up with all sorts of different basses, amps and cabs but it was the first time I'd ever taken a Sadowsky along.

It's a 2014, NYC, chambered ash body with 'Amazon' rosewood board and was played through a MarkBass LMII and 121H cab.

Eq on amp set totally flat with just a hint of bass & treble boost on the bass.

Sounded good to me standing up next to the cab but obviously carried really well across the stage to other band members as well.

There really is something about a good Sadowsky that just sits in a live band mix really well :)

[quote name='Cameronj279' timestamp='1432764301' post='2784849']
I know where you're coming from. Just had my first real rehearsal since getting my new bass and guitarist said the same thing! Good feeling, eh?
[/quote]

Definitely :)

They usually just ignore me, lol

I've had this with my Limelight P bass, first time i had used a P in years, generally been a jazz man. I wanted it to be 'just' ok but it sits in the mix in my functions (soul & funk) band really well...sounds boring jamming it on its own but in the band it sits superb. Again playing the same old lines but the band have commented several times this is the best bass yet...hmmm!