Why become a member? ×

Desert Island Bass

ChunkyMunky

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1432571551' post='2782814']
Good luck with that..! :unsure:

[/quote]

So which bass is best for fighting off polar bears?

(Apologies to the OP - I'm sure this isn't how you thought this thread would turn out!)

[quote name='spectoremg' timestamp='1432565746' post='2782715']
[attachment=192808:Banboo hut.jpg]
My Euro LX, Gail Ann Dorsey for ahem lessons! and an air-conditioned bamboo hut for us all to be very happy in :)
[/quote]

This is more like it ( the tree hut that is)!
There are no polar bears on this island, OK? It's a proper desert island with sand and palm trees and stuff.
If you don't all understand that I shall thcream till I'm thick. :D

Cantankerous old farts rule! :lol:

Oh, and it would have to be the Seibass Original headless 5 - since I've asked for it to go into the box with me when I shuffle off this mortal coil (after slackening off the strings of course...), it's only right that I just happen to have it with me when I'm shipwrecked.

[quote name='Norris' timestamp='1432573796' post='2782851']

So which bass is best for fighting off polar bears?

[/quote]

[Img]http://i1244.photobucket.com/albums/gg580/christopher_brown14/rackbags/0541-1_zpsbgwwblpe.jpg" class="ipsImage" />

Edited by Roland Rock

Well, despite my P-bass love... it would have to be the Stingray.

And desert island means it's deserted, as in no people, that's all ;)
Of course, it may technically cease to be a desert island once I arrive there, so that poses an interesting problem.

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1432576185' post='2782896']
[Img]http://i1244.photobucket.com/albums/gg580/christopher_brown14/rackbags/0541-1_zpsbgwwblpe.jpg" class="ipsImage" />
[/quote]

Oh yes! The polar bear skewer of doom :D

[quote name='Norris' timestamp='1432577490' post='2782922']
Oh yes! The polar bear skewer of doom :D
[/quote]

W the actual F is that?? :blink:

Edit: Ritter Red Sting. Well I haven't seen that one before!

Edited by discreet

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1432576913' post='2782909']
Of course, it may technically cease to be a desert island once I arrive there, so that poses an interesting problem.
[/quote]

Does that mean that, no sooner arrived, one has to leave..? :unsure:

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1432577582' post='2782925']...
Edit: Ritter Red Sting. Well I haven't seen that one before!
[/quote]

Nor would you have, if the topic hadn't been derailed..! B)

[quote name='seashell' timestamp='1432578694' post='2782956']
No meds on this island. You'll have to nibble some tree bark or something.
[/quote]

There's probably a puffer fish I could lick. If not, I'm using that as a euphemism.

Edited by discreet

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1432578268' post='2782939']
Does that mean that, no sooner arrived, one has to leave..? :unsure:
[/quote]

Perhaps, but who would be there to kick you out? Nobody, or it wouldn't be a desert island to start with.
I suppose the point is that we can never go to a desert island. Well, we can *go* but we can never set foot on it. This then renders the current thread pointless. So, if we're playing like that, stuff that one bass rule, I'm taking three: the Stingray, a Precision and a Jazz. I'll worry about amplification later :P

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1432582895' post='2783037']
Perhaps, but who would be there to kick you out? Nobody, or it wouldn't be a desert island to start with.
I suppose the point is that we can never go to a desert island. Well, we can *go* but we can never set foot on it. This then renders the current thread pointless. So, if we're playing like that, stuff that one bass rule, I'm taking three: the Stingray, a Precision and a Jazz. I'll worry about amplification later :P
[/quote]

No, upon reflection, the initial remit was a single bass to take to a desert island. It's not stipulated that the island must [i]remain [/i]desert after your arrival. It's true that, for a second person, it couldn't count, but for the first, I'll put the rule firmly back in place. Only one bass, and one has to stay on the (formerly...) desert island for ever. There, that's settled. Carry on. :mellow:

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1432582895' post='2783037']
I suppose the point is that we can never go to a desert island. Well, we can *go* but we can never set foot on it. This then renders the current thread pointless.
[/quote]

Doesn't that change the premise of the thread a little? Like, which bass would you banish to an island where no-one ever sets foot? I can think of one or two...

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1432582895' post='2783037']...This then renders the current thread pointless...
[/quote]

The current thread is anything but pointless. ;)

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1432576185' post='2782896']

[/quote]

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1432583492' post='2783049']
No, upon reflection, the initial remit was a single bass to take to a desert island. It's not stipulated that the island must [i]remain [/i]desert after your arrival. It's true that, for a second person, it couldn't count, but for the first, I'll put the rule firmly back in place. Only one bass, and one has to stay on the (formerly...) desert island for ever. There, that's settled. Carry on. :mellow:
[/quote]

To whit, a desert island, not a deserted island :)
/pedant

[quote name='Norris' timestamp='1432585931' post='2783086']
To whit, a desert island, not a deserted island :)
/pedant
[/quote]

I thought we'd done that one... :unsure:

[color=#800080][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]5 - desert island, an uninhabited, or seemingly uninhabited, and remote island; also attrib. and fig., esp. (of equipment, cultural objects, or behaviour) suited to the social isolation and limited baggage allowance of a castaway on a desert island.[/font][/color]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]There's been no mention of 'deserted', has there..?[/font]