Why become a member? ×

Desert Island Bass

ChunkyMunky

[quote name='GrammeFriday' timestamp='1432547355' post='2782440']
Amazing how the context of a desert island can turn a simple 'what's your favourite bass' thread into a fevered erotic reverie - Drew Barrymore's bongos, "[i]Lez[/i] Zeppelin" ...
[/quote]

You [i]have[/i] heard of Lez Zeppelin, haven't you?

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCZVOSr6_J8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCZVOSr6_J8[/url]

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1432558679' post='2782616']
Not at all and while you're on, you can mention that penguins don't live in the Arctic too - in case anyone gets any ideas.
[/quote]

Indeed. The two reasons that polar bears don't eat penguins are
[list=1]
[*]Wrong pole
[*]They can't get the wrappers off
[/list]

When I first looked at this thread all those years ago, I thought it might be a sort of bass player's 'Desert Island Discs' - which I thought was a really good idea...

In fact I think I'll start a new thread now. Watch this space. Well, not *this* space if you know what I mean...

[quote name='tauzero' timestamp='1432594212' post='2783170']
You [i]have[/i] heard of Lez Zeppelin, haven't you?
[/quote]

No, not until just now - I did indeed assume it was a Freudian typo, so thanks for the correction. How embarrassing! Yet another groundbreaking, zeitgeist-shaping band completely passes me by! Always the last to catch on, me ... :rolleyes:

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1432583492' post='2783049']
No, upon reflection, the initial remit was a single bass to take to a desert island. It's not stipulated that the island must [i]remain [/i]desert after your arrival. It's true that, for a second person, it couldn't count, but for the first, I'll put the rule firmly back in place. Only one bass, and one has to stay on the (formerly...) desert island for ever. There, that's settled. Carry on. :mellow:
[/quote]

Dang! You're right...

Precision, Jazz, sorry babies, you are staying at home this time

(can you hear them cry? you're a heartless beast)

[quote name='Beer of the Bass' timestamp='1432584421' post='2783065']
Doesn't that change the premise of the thread a little? Like, which bass would you banish to an island where no-one ever sets foot? I can think of one or two...
[/quote]

:lol: