Why become a member? ×

Your perfect rig...

Jarhead

Right, we've all seen the rigs already owned by many of us, so now lets see the rigs we would all like to own, both amps AND basses lol.
I reckon that if people can be bothered, could be interesting lol
I'll start with mine.
Amp-wise, this 36x10 monster :huh: Admit it, if you saw it, you would have a go lol. Although i dont think it would fit in my local venue :), or that anyone in general, not just my band would appreciate me using that within about 10 miles of civilization :huh:

And for the bass, the Spector NS-5XL in green lol (I assume at this point Cetera will jump in lol)

Zach

Edited by 5_string_death

[quote name='5_string_death' post='264310' date='Aug 18 2008, 03:49 AM']Right, we've all seen the rigs already owned by many of us, so now lets see the rigs we would all like to own, both amps AND basses lol.
I reckon that if people can be bothered, could be interesting lol
I'll start with mine.
Amp-wise, this 36x10 monster :huh: Admit it, if you saw it, you would have a go lol. Although i dont think it would fit in my local venue :), or that anyone in general, not just my band would appreciate me using that within about 10 miles of civilization :huh:

And for the bass, the Spector NS-5XL in green lol (I assume at this point Cetera will jump in lol)

Zach[/quote]

Was that the Ampeg cab made for the guy from Dokken many moons ago (showing my age and musical roots here :huh: ) or is that a recent pic?

Mine might be on its way soon. The new GK micro head will hopefully give me the sound I want plus the power (the current range hasn't the power)

Then it's probably down to a lightweight , efficient , 12 plus 8 cab to finish the job. Have to get my thinking cap on re. that.

I love my GK/korg tuner rack set up and my Ashdown compacts , but my elbows are getting stiff and my knee continues to worsen. Time to do something sensible before they go ballistic.
My rig isn't the biggest by any means but I'm not prepared to lug it about much longer.

It hot home Sat. night - I wondered who else would be daft enough to do what ammounts to a house removal at 1 in the morning in the pissing rain. If I ever stop playing - that'll be the reason.

After trying most of the major manufacturers at one point or another, my current rig is probably the one I've been most happy with. Nice solid B string, good mid range and a lot of sweet clarity. The only criticism I can make of my current rig though is that I miss not having a wedge shaped cab.

[quote name='joegarcia' post='264784' date='Aug 18 2008, 06:08 PM']Only GS10's?
Why not get two DB810's or DG412's?
Isn't this an imaginary and impractical dream rig or is it strictly sensible and boring? :)[/quote]

lol very true, il have the 412's then :huh:

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='264344' date='Aug 18 2008, 08:30 AM']Hey Zach, I was just looking at the picture & then your moniker... 5StringDeath? Are you planning to vapourise a large proportion of the audience with that monster rig?

Rich :)[/quote]
Mwahaha, you have discovered my master plan, and now you shall.... i don't know, haven't gotten that far lol

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='264345' date='Aug 18 2008, 08:31 AM']Was that the Ampeg cab made for the guy from Dokken many moons ago (showing my age and musical roots here :huh: ) or is that a recent pic?[/quote]
lol, unfortunately, I have no idea, I only found the picture on google after a search for Ampeg Stack, I think its on TalkBass

[quote name='BassManKev' post='264366' date='Aug 18 2008, 09:08 AM']a 36x10, whats the wattage of that![/quote]
IIRC, its 600 watt all valve head, or something along those lines lol, and apparently, (insert players name here) had two of themfor a gig at wembley, although i dont remember who lol

Zach

[quote name='joegarcia' post='264784' date='Aug 18 2008, 06:08 PM']Only GS10's?
Why not get two DB810's or DG412's?
Isn't this an imaginary and impractical dream rig or is it strictly sensible and boring? :)[/quote]
This is a thread of the imaginary and impractical kind, hence my choice of the 36x10 monster lol
Zach

[quote name='escholl' post='265062' date='Aug 18 2008, 11:10 PM']that will pair well with this then:

:)[/quote]
F*ck me, i thought i had found the biggest stack! those two paired together could be used as WMD's if they weren't to bothered about their own hearing lol
Zach

My dream rig is pretty simple.

My current preamp: Aguilar DB680
My current power amp (x3): Eden WT1000 / WT1250
My current cabs (x6): Acme Low B2 - stacked in two cross-firing columns, each 6 x 10 high

Plus a filthed out, maxed out Ampeg SVP-CL preamp (footswitchable) in the effects loop of the Aguilar preamp.

Bass-wise, I'd have a custom 5-string Warwick Infinity with the Jazzman pick-up combination - but with Bartolinis instead of the MECs and with an Aguilar onboard preamp instead of the MEC. The neck would be an '80s Warwick shape and it would be a neck-through bass with bubinga wings and zebrano facing - and without the f-holes of the Infinity Neck-Through models.

Mine is basically what I have now, but in a case that I am having made, with a couple of additions. To wit:

Vigier basses > Roland Vbass > Line6 pod XT pro > out to IEMs and mixer/PA (Would maybe add a rack tuner and rack mixer)

In a case that looks something like this- not a very good picture but when closed up the unit will only be about up to my knee:

It will be light and easy to move and cater for my IEM addiction and be excellent for live and studio work. There is a place in Witney, Oxfordshire who I am discussing the case with. It will be made of quite lightweight stuff in flight case stylee.

I only adjust the Vbass when mucking about as I can switch between patches and perform basic parameter changes from my bass, so having it up higher will be great. The pod I never really touch as the main setting I have spent so long getting is just amazing so now it functions as a pre-amp basically.

Cheers
ped

[quote name='ped' post='265353' date='Aug 19 2008, 12:01 PM']Mine is basically what I have now, but in a case that I am having made, with a couple of additions. To wit:

Vigier basses > Roland Vbass > Line6 pod XT pro > out to IEMs and mixer/PA (Would maybe add a rack tuner and rack mixer)

In a case that looks something like this- not a very good picture but when closed up the unit will only be about up to my knee:

It will be light and easy to move and cater for my IEM addiction and be excellent for live and studio work. There is a place in Witney, Oxfordshire who I am discussing the case with. It will be made of quite lightweight stuff in flight case stylee.

I only adjust the Vbass when mucking about as I can switch between patches and perform basic parameter changes from my bass, so having it up higher will be great. The pod I never really touch as the main setting I have spent so long getting is just amazing so now it functions as a pre-amp basically.

Cheers
ped[/quote]

Bloomin' heck ped. So you defo into the world of digital then??

Yep, 100%. I love it. With my very delicate post-op back I realised that an amplifier FULL STOP was a bit of a no-no. I used to use a full on Mesa 400+/1516BE rig and more recently a Trace V4 and though I loved them both I was the only person who benefited from the sound live and in the studio I don't use them. I quickly realised that IEM was the way for me and I have never been happier with my sound. The basic sound is the Vigier bypassing everything and then the Vbass is set up to switch everything for other 'basses' I can access via the Vbass, which, if you haven't heard me say so already, is the most amazing piece of equipment I have ever heard. My bass now does a better Jazz bass sound than any jazz I have had or played, for example!

I will be recording this weekend so will have some samples to post asap...

Cheers
ped