Why become a member? ×

NBD: Fender Sandblasted Ltd Basses

TheRockinRoadie

Hi all,

After a few days of changing my mind and not sleeping, I've ordered the Sandblasted Precision Bass on Crimson from GAK. Very excited to have another PBass in my collection.

I was just wondering if anyone else has played or ordered one? I've done a naughty and bought it blind, but could resist owning a limited edition, and the aesthetics are awesome!

Delivery is due on Friday so will get pics uploaded soon!

Cheers, Lorry!

Edited by TheRockinRoadie

It's here!!

[IMG]http://i62.tinypic.com/1220klg.jpg[/IMG]

First impressions are great - the finish is lovely and the bass plays really well. Haven't had a chance to plug it in yet but hopefully later on. I'm not very well today but this is just what I need to cheer me up. I'll get a shot of the back later too as it's stunning!

Hey Lorry,

I plumped for a sandblasted crimson P-bass a few weeks back, also from GAK.

It was the first time I've bought a bass this expensive without trying it first but I have no complaints.

It's the first US Fender bass I've owned and I'm massively impressed.

Very resonant, pleasingly light weight but not to the point of feeling insubstantial. Sounds great.

Here's some pics of mine (disclaimer: the colour is not quite as garish as it appears in these pics, at least not to my eyes, although I think some people will find them garish either way ;) )

Cheers everyone!!

I read some reviews on talkbass and they made it sound like it had trenches in it. They're deep and it's definitely not flat when you run your hands across it. It's very very cool!

I have also found out that my basses serial number matches the one that's pictured on guitar guitar, which is taken from the fender website. Really chuffed as this means my exact bass is the same one pictures on the website!

Ahh so that's why my bad doesn't look like the one on their website, very nice indeed!

Snap really - first bass I have ever bought blind, and especially at that price point. Used it through a few of my Ashdowns now and it's sounding bl**dy good. All my lock bass geeks like it too which is always a bonus. I think my friend has his eyes on the blue one... (He has a MusicMan Stingray Classic and Sandberg Basic 4).

[quote name='Ruiner' timestamp='1423827598' post='2689425']
Hey Lorry,

I plumped for a sandblasted crimson P-bass a few weeks back, also from GAK.

It was the first time I've bought a bass this expensive without trying it first but I have no complaints.

It's the first US Fender bass I've owned and I'm massively impressed.

Very resonant, pleasingly light weight but not to the point of feeling insubstantial. Sounds great.

Here's some pics of mine (disclaimer: the colour is not quite as garish as it appears in these pics, at least not to my eyes, although I think some people will find them garish either way ;) )
[/quote]