Why become a member? ×

NBD - The Yellow Bass

anzoid

Just under a year in the making... purchased cheap from eBay early last year with broken electronics but a killer neck. Put in an EMG MMCS plus BTS control system. Stripped the body to re-finish it and made a hash of the re-finish so sent the body to [url="http://www.jacksinstrumentservices.com/"]Jack's Instrument Services[/url] in Manchester last September to be done in NYC Taxi Cab Yellow to go with the black hardware and custom scratchplate - scratchplate also by Jack. Cannot recommend Jack and Kieran's work highly enough. Excellent customer service and exceptional work for very good prices.

[attachment=182898:the-yellow-bass-4.jpg][attachment=182896:the-yellow-bass-2.jpg][attachment=182897:the-yellow-bass-3.jpg][attachment=182895:the-yellow-bass-1.jpg]

I'm not counting how much I spent on this but putting it back together today, tuning up and playing it for the first time in a while... oh yes, I'm very very happy.

[quote name='RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE' timestamp='1423085720' post='2680650']
Like ;) where's the checkerboard ?
[/quote]
It did cross my mind to put a checkerboard on there somewhere... just couldn't work out where or how... plus thought I might regret it :( :D

[quote name='anzoid' timestamp='1423089146' post='2680740']
It did cross my mind to put a checkerboard on there somewhere... just couldn't work out where or how... plus thought I might regret it :( :D
[/quote]

Scratchplate. You can always change that again.

[quote name='anzoid' timestamp='1423089146' post='2680740']
[/quote]

Obviously you'll need one of these:

link here: http://www.jeridesigns.com/checkeredguitarstrap.htm

You're welcome! ;)

Ghost Bass - love the strap... then checked the prices $450 upto over $2000 - bit out of my league :blink:

waynepunkdude - very nice! I did think about getting the headstock done like yours at the same time but in the end figured I'd leave it plain maple.