Why become a member? ×

The Official MARUSZCZYK CLUB!

Ulas Engin

I just got this stupid light Jake 4P at 3.2kg in a trade. 

my first time playing a Mariszczyk, it’s so very nicely done…! Sounds great and comes with labella flats, jazz necked too. 

Sadly, I’ve filled my Precision allocation and will pop it in for sale - I gotta say I’m very impressed with these basses!

60B9C934-2197-4079-AF1E-1DFA6BE16676.thumb.jpeg.47ce549c6b833be6e206dc4639c8cf37.jpeg

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ander87 said:

I just got this stupid light Jake 4P at 3.2kg in a trade. 

my first time playing a Mariszczyk, it’s so very nicely done…! Sounds great and comes with labella flats, jazz necked too. 

Sadly, I’ve filled my Precision allocation and will pop it in for sale - I gotta say I’m very impressed with these basses!

60B9C934-2197-4079-AF1E-1DFA6BE16676.thumb.jpeg.47ce549c6b833be6e206dc4639c8cf37.jpeg

I had one just like that, I often wonder whether I should’ve kept it.

• 2 months later...

Hey people! New joiner to the club - after I got this absolute stunner last month.

image.png.3d22f3c67e8d1446b18f8b08b6243a3d.png

BTW heads up to @Quent - a gent!

Love this bass. The look is amazing. It's weighty, and I like that. Hardware seems pretty good - the tuners are a little stiff, I'm guessing they could use a little lubrication.

One question though - anyone on here play a 5-string Marus with low action and .135s? I'm having some trouble getting an action I like with a straight neck (straight neck is easy, but I'm getting a lot of buzz unless I crank the action way up). I like a really low action, normally play pretty gently but love to dig in sometimes and the "choke" of the dig is part of it - I've got a couple of other 5s set up this way. I'm stringing everything with the same 135 gauge D'addario XL nickels.

Wondered if anyone else likes the same.

Ta in advance!

AndyW

Edited by basexperience
  • Like 2

On 19/08/2023 at 09:19, basexperience said:

Hey people! New joiner to the club - after I got this absolute stunner last month.

image.png.3d22f3c67e8d1446b18f8b08b6243a3d.png

BTW heads up to @Quent - a gent!

Love this bass. The look is amazing. It's weighty, and I like that. Hardware seems pretty good - the tuners are a little stiff, I'm guessing they could use a little lubrication.

One question though - anyone on here play a 5-string Marus with low action and .135s? I'm having some trouble getting an action I like with a straight neck (straight neck is easy, but I'm getting a lot of buzz unless I crank the action way up). I like a really low action, normally play pretty gently but love to dig in sometimes and the "choke" of the dig is part of it - I've got a couple of other 5s set up this way. I'm stringing everything with the same 135 gauge D'addario XL nickels.

Wondered if anyone else likes the same.

Ta in advance!

AndyW

First off, lovely looking bass.

I play an Elwood 5a with La Bellas with a 135 B string.

Action is Rizla low with no buzz anywhere so, you should have no problem achieving what you need.

IMG_20221012_222502.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 22/08/2023 at 23:03, leschirons said:

First off, lovely looking bass.

I play an Elwood 5a with La Bellas with a 135 B string.

Action is Rizla low with no buzz anywhere so, you should have no problem achieving what you need.

IMG_20221012_222502.jpg

Yeah, I think you must have one where the guy doing the fret job did a better job than mine - it has very specific issues. I'm on 135s so it's not like they're floppy strings either - I guess I'm just going to have to take it to maybe the bass cellar in London and get them to work on the board to level the frets out.

• 3 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, jahfish said:

Recently joined member of the Maruszczyk club, bought off this fine group. Loving this too! 

IMG_20231011_215026_edit_906887558441305.jpg

Lovely! Is that the medium scale that was advertised recently? I was really proud of myself for resisting the temptation but it hurt! Brilliant spec and looks fantastic! Enjoy!

Edited by Obrienp
  • Like 1

On 05/11/2023 at 11:05, Obrienp said:

Lovely! Is that the medium scale that was advertised recently? I was really proud of myself for resisting the temptation but it hurt! Brilliant spec and looks fantastic! Enjoy!

Yes that's the one. The medium scale is a good option for me. It's got a very playable neck 😁

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jahfish said:

Yes that's the one. The medium scale is a good option for me. It's got a very playable neck 😁

Yes. I think that must be the same neck as I have on my Elwood medium scale. One of the most comfortable necks I have ever played.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Can anybody tell me anything about what I'm likely to get from a Jake C4P 30" in terms of playability and sounds, especially what the Haussel PB4 pickup brings to the party? It's really the classic vibe that I'm after.

Just realised I never posted my two new Ooshyks on this thread!

Meet Scarlett and Skye - a pair of Frog 6S 6-strings, fretted and fretless: 

2089A4E9-ED5C-4F4C-8011-7F8375C1F532.thumb.jpeg.023c2476f41ada084b91efade0c334e0.jpeg

The spec is basically the same for both: 

6-string

Ash body, quilted ash tops with colour in the grain

Roasted maple necks with ebony fingerboards and graphite rods, bolt-on

17.5mm string spacing

Luminlay blocks on Skye (the fretted one), edge lines (on Scarlett, the fretless), Luminlay side dots on both

Hipshot Ultralite tuners, monorail bridges, Schaller straplocks, coloured knobs for volume and pan (I have the coloured knobs for the other pots, but Noll use a non-standard size for their concentric pots and they don't fit!)

Delano Xtender pickups with series/parallel/single coil switches

Noll custom 18V 4-band EQ (frequencies adjusted to match the 4-band EQ on a Musicman Bongo)

Absolutely loving them so far. 

One thing I've noticed - if anyone else has the Noll electronics, do you notice the output at the jack being a bit quieter than you might expect? The pickups and circuit are extremely hot, but the output is pretty low, considering... 

Edited by Russ
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 14/01/2024 at 20:25, scrumpymike said:

Can anybody tell me anything about what I'm likely to get from a Jake C4P 30" in terms of playability and sounds, especially what the Haussel PB4 pickup brings to the party? It's really the classic vibe that I'm after.

There’s one for sale here, might be worth asking the seller.

Pretty sure this Custom  Elwood 5a active 5 string has been owned by a one or two basschatters!

Very lightweight and sounds great!

-Alder body

-Maple neck and fretboard (nice grain on the fretboard!), matte finish, carbon rods for reinforcement, nut width 45mm, radius 14”, 34” scale. 

-Charcoal Frost Metallic finish (lovely dark grey with a dark blue hue to it)

-Aguilar AG5J-HC hum cancelling pickups

-Delano Sonar 2 active preamp, with a push-pull volume to switch to full passive, with the treble knob acting as a tone.

IMG_5088.thumb.jpeg.d2fc1e1c736624306d8a205ea2baf6c5.jpeg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, tobiewharton said:

The hallowed Sofa-Shot Day arrived yesterday...

236-23.jpg

249-23 (1).jpg

2? Good work! I nearly bought a Jake in that colour scheme and often kick myself quite a bit for not doing so :facepalm:.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, ezbass said:

2? Good work! I nearly bought a Jake in that colour scheme and often kick myself quite a bit for not doing so :facepalm:.

Cheers! I've had a gear overhaul over the last year, including migrating to medium scale. An active Shuker PM should be finished imminently to complete the trio.

• Like 1