Why become a member? ×

The Official MARUSZCZYK CLUB!

Ulas Engin

[quote name='Treegirl' timestamp='1458601455' post='3009085']
Another... Sofa pic from the latest batch..I have been looking at this thread for weeks waiting for mine to be ready.. Just seemed the right thing to do to share
[/quote]

Love it! Did you go for the Maruszczyk pickups?

[quote name='keefbaker' timestamp='1458660541' post='3009549']
Holy crap! Text from FedEx saying expected delivery on Thursday morning.
[/quote]Ooh, exciting times! I had Mrs Ez transfer the funds today (I should've paid for it all up front with the crap rate of exchange at the mo) so I'm guessing delivery next week sometime for me.

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1458593000' post='3008976']
Some of these are looking really nice, especially the all black ones.

So what is the deal with this builder? Those showroom pics are insane, does he have the body/neck mass produced, buys them in and customises them to spec?
[/quote]

Adrian is a Polish guy who's been living in Germany most of his life. The workshop is an old family luthier business in Polish mountains, previously they used to make guitars and basses for other (less succesful) Polish brands, at least sice about mid-80s. They have direct access to high quality wood, and their woodwork has always been very good - they needed good designs and customer base which is what Adrian provides.

[quote name='Treegirl' timestamp='1458678431' post='3009836']

after much deliberation I went for haussel pick ups..
[/quote]

I can't tell you how great it sounds then. But I can tell you the Jazzbucker on its own is very useable :)

[quote name='Bigwan' timestamp='1458763242' post='3010689']
Has anybody asked how much the fan fret option costs yet?...
[/quote]

Someone asked on Facebook, and they replied that they can make an Elwood 4P with Delanos for €1290.

[quote name='Treegirl' timestamp='1458770318' post='3010823']
People keep asking about the making of these basses are they from a factory.... Etc... I came across this video about the workshop on you tube.. Might be of some interest.. And answer some questions..

[media]http://youtu.be/OmTP1Sbf5Qo[/media]
[/quote]

Cool video. Nice to see so much hand finishing. I don't think you could get a Shuker or ACG handmade for this price and quality and have the custom options falling below Fender Standard pricing. If I needed a new bass, it would be a Jake for me.

[quote name='keefbaker' timestamp='1458821780' post='3011208']
Wargh! FedEx have now changed my delivery date from today to, "pending".

Probably be Tuesday at the earliest now. Flippin' FedEx,
[/quote]That sucks. Still awaiting my 'shipped' email (funds need to clear I guess). I dreamt that it was delivered last night; am I excited? Could be.

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1458901636' post='3011940']
Here's a great tool I've found which will help if you're struggling to visualise your Maruszczyk custom build...

http://www.ysw-tct.com/tct/default.asp?func=KIJI&kiji=20141229114253.asp#Kisekae_VIM
[/quote]

No wonder you keep fiddling with your spec when you play with things like that WoT!

[quote name='Treegirl' timestamp='1458770318' post='3010823']
People keep asking about the making of these basses are they from a factory.... Etc... I came across this video about the workshop on you tube.. Might be of some interest.. And answer some questions..

http://youtu.be/OmTP1Sbf5Qo
[/quote]I'm genuinely blown away by that. I was expecting a CNC machine and much less work by hand. I feel very lucky to be getting one of their instruments and at such a good price for the work involved.

Ok, it's here, not doing an NBD yet as it wouldn't be fair. It seems to have arrived with a bit of a back bow as it's choking like crazy and buzzing like an angry bee, and the action is way too low but the bridge Saddles seem ok. So, I need to figure out the whole truss rod thing. If its a bottom of neck truss rod which way do you turn it to raise the strings?

First pickup test is good but difficult to say for sure cos of the buzzing.

Ok, it's here, not doing an NBD yet as it wouldn't be fair. It seems to have arrived with a bit of a back bow as it's choking like crazy and buzzing like an angry bee, and the action is way too low but the bridge Saddles seem ok. So, I need to figure out the whole truss rod thing. If its a bottom of neck truss rod which way do you turn it to raise the strings?

First pickup test is good but difficult to say for sure cos of the buzzing.