Why become a member? ×

Midlands Bass Bash 2

Si600

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1431157089' post='2768262']
Toying with the idea of a meat raffle, just so that we can call it "Show us your Chops" 😂
[/quote]

Lol!
Will there be a 'normal' raffle? I have some strings and a John Entwistle book I could chuck in as prizes.

[quote name='seashell' timestamp='1431158776' post='2768285']

Lol!
Will there be a 'normal' raffle? I have some strings and a John Entwistle book I could chuck in as prizes.
[/quote]

I don't see why not - in the absence of raffle tickets, we can just pick a name from a hat

Edited by Roland Rock

Last-minute revision to GF entry below:

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]1. Si600 - GK MB500 Fusion, GK MB212 (house rig), Fender P V.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]2: Roland Rock - Avalon U5, Crown power amp, BF STwin. W&T Ergon and 78P if I get the refin done in time. Some pedals.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]3. tauzero - perm a few from Sei Original, Warwick Buzzard 5 notlob, Antoniotsai, Dean 10-string, Warwick Thumb, Mrs Zero.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]4. Dread Bass - Lefties - ACG 6 and 7 string Recurve S Types, ACG Krell Fretless If Ready, Alembic Epic, Warwick Fortress, Letts 6. Aguilar rig if needed.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]5. seashell - MIM Fender P[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]6. Prime_BASS - whatever bass is the flavour at the time, ACG 33" graft J type.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]7. Len Derby - Yamaha Bex semi acoustic, Roland micocube battery powered practise/busking combo[/size][/font][/color]
[s][size=3]8. Bottle - Modded Ibanez GSR-180, some pedals, Line-6 Combo and the 1x12 + Amp rack[/size][/s]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]9. Marillionred - Warwick Streamer $$5, Warwick Dolphin SN5, Letts fretless 5, Michael Kelly Acoustic 5, Warwick LWA1000, Barefaced Big Baby 2 - and some headphones.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]10. Jabba_the_gut - some of the stuff below....if it's finished in time.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]11. GrammeFriday - MTD Kingston AG5, TH500 + 2 x SL112[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]12. Kev - Wal MK2, Warwick SSII and some pedals.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]13. Bradwell - MIJ Jazz, Ibanez GSR 206, Eden WT800 + D210/D212 XLT cabs [/size][/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]14. Mojo - Yamaha BB414, TC Electronic BG250-115 [/size][/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]15. Norris - Stagg EUB, Ric 4003, Gibson Thunderbird ... and if restored in time I'll bring my Aria SB-1000[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]16. TG Flatline - Shuker Explorer, pedals[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]17. Cytania - Spector Legend 4, Spear S2.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]18. Chairleg. 1972 Fender Musicmaster. A P bass shaped thing of dubious parentage.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]19. Kaz -Roberts skeleton [/size][/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]20. 72deluxe, Genz Benz STLMax 9.2, 4x10 cab? An assortment of Warwick basses
[s]21. (Possible) mikanhannille - Atelier Z m265 m plus custom[/s][/size][/font][/color]
[size=3]22. Bassbiscuits - [color=#282828][font=helvetica,arial,sans-serif]USA P or J bass, and if needed amp wise, a Little Mark head and Schroeder 1210 cab.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica,arial,sans-serif]23. Chris Sharman - Fender Aerodyne Precision, Westone Thunder 3 fretless, Ashdown ABM Combo (with headphones), cake and possibly some home made biscuits[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica,arial,sans-serif]24. Andyjr1515 - [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica,arial,sans-serif]veneered Squier VM Jaguar and, if I can prise it out of our bassist's clutches, the Jack Bruce Thumb 4 fretless tribute build.[/font][/color]
[font=helvetica,arial,sans-serif][color=#282828]25. Annoying Twit - will bring own looper, and gawd knows what else. I'll say I'll bring a Harley Benton fretless acoustic or 7 string, but will think more about what I'll bring at the time. [/color][/font][/size]

Won't be along exactly at 12pm, but will be there at some time in the first hour. I'm bringing a PJ Deko 5 string as well as looper and computer power supply this year. Since the Deko was bought as a practice hack, I'm bringing tools and stuff so that if it's appropriate we can take it to bits and do stuff to it.

Guest MoJo

If anyone saw a figure wandering around, peering over shoulders like Marty Hopkins ghost, that was me. I'm quite shy and rarely speak unless spoken to. I did pluck up the courage to ask about the capos on 'Bradwell's' Jazz. Dread Basses ACG's were very impressive but, of particular interest to me was 'Norris's' thunderous Gibson Thunderbird. What a glorious noise :P . I was also impressed by the Fender Rumble 500. Loads of punch with oodles of clear, low end.
Apologies for not introducing myself to anyone and for having to leave early.

MoJo

Thanks to everyone who organised this - I had a great time meeting everyone and trying out some cool gear you don't see everyday!

Especially loved the Sadowskys, Norris's Rick and T Bird, and Len Derby's Yamaha, plus loads of other good stuff.

Top marks on the cakes too! Cheers folks and see you next year hopefully.

Len Derby checks out MarillionRed's Corvette

[Img]http://i1244.photobucket.com/albums/gg580/christopher_brown14/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-05/20150509_133213_zpsz5xehvs5.jpg" class="ipsImage" />

Edit: correction, it's an FNA Jazzman 5 Custom Shop 2007

Edited by Roland Rock

That would be an FNA Jazzman 5 Custom Shop 2007 acquired just this Monday from fleabay and not quite set up properly yet - but it does look great!

Wow that was fun! Thank you for the kind comments on my humble basses - isn't it funny how basses always seem to sound better in other players hands! Thank you to the patient souls who tolerated my ham-fisted attempts to try their basses!.

Excellent organisation, appropriately amusing raffle prizes, shame I didn't try the cakes - they looked tasty!
Many thanks to the organisers!