Why become a member? ×

Midlands Bass Bash 2

Si600

[quote name='MoJo' timestamp='1431186550' post='2768605']
If anyone saw a figure wandering around, peering over shoulders like Marty Hopkins ghost, that was me. I'm quite shy and rarely speak unless spoken to. I did pluck up the courage to ask about the capos on 'Bradwell's' Jazz. Dread Basses ACG's were very impressive but, of particular interest to me was 'Norris's' thunderous Gibson Thunderbird. What a glorious noise :P . I was also impressed by the Fender Rumble 500. Loads of punch with oodles of clear, low end.
Apologies for not introducing myself to anyone and for having to leave early.

MoJo
[/quote]

AW , MoJo I wish we'd said hello. Or maybe we did? :D

A lovely afternoon. Great to meet up with some bass brothers and a new bass sister! :-)

Annoying Twit tries Norris' Thunderbird, While Norris tries to figure out what is wrong with AT's 'decoration only' PJ5

[Img]http://i1244.photobucket.com/albums/gg580/christopher_brown14/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-05/20150509_160034_zpsfw67k3z3.jpg" class="ipsImage" />

Edited by Roland Rock

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1431193396' post='2768718']
Seashell and Len Derby admire Andyjr1515's exotic Squier Jag
[Img]http://i1244.photobucket.com/albums/gg580/christopher_brown14/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-05/20150509_143215_zpsp4t1nepy.jpg" class="ipsImage" />
[/quote]

My hairdresser would love this pic! Never mind the bass gear, thanks for those highlights, Jeanette. :D : D

Guest MoJo

[quote name='seashell' timestamp='1431193412' post='2768719']

AW , MoJo I wish we'd said hello. Or maybe we did? :D

A lovely afternoon. Great to meet up with some bass brothers and a new bass sister! :-)
[/quote]

Recognise this person?

http://i1332.photobucket.com/albums/w614/markmojo1962/2015-05-09%2019.39.57_zps33kd5lud.png

[quote name='MoJo' timestamp='1431197002' post='2768767']

Recognise this person?

http://i1332.photobucket.com/albums/w614/markmojo1962/2015-05-09%2019.39.57_zps33kd5lud.png
[/quote]

Ah yes, it's Marty Hopkirk, lol :D Hope to say Hi! next year.

For me there were many great moments:

- The Bass cakes and biscuits
- Being pleasantly surprised at how comfortable, neckdiveless, and versatile Tauzero's Buzzard bass is
- Meeting lots of new people
- Playing with the COG board of awesomeness. Tom is a really lovely chap.
- Catching up with LeeMan
- Playing that Wal!! I really want a filter based pre now
- being pleasantly surprised about how nice the Fender P5 is
- Discovering that front dots are not ever needed
- Discovering that anything less than 17mm spacing is not good for me
- Discovering that my rig can clearly vocalise almost an octave below low B!! Dreadbass' ACG is a beast!

Overall it was useful and fun. Thanks everyone ��

Edited by Roland Rock

Very impressed by the sound of the Thunderbird. And while it still lacks a pickup, the restored SB1000 felt lovely. The JR basses are visually excellent and play very well. The COG board of awesomeness providing octave with dirt sounds while players worked out Royal Blood. The Yamaha BEX4 sounded very nice. I'd only heard the BEX4 on youtube before, and the videos I saw definitely did not do the Yammie justice. Dread bass's 7 string - I've never seen a low F (detuned to E) string before, and they make more sense to me now. Andyjr1515 - I'm borrowing a file next week to give your recommended fret levelling technique a go and will have a hack at the nut of the practice deko I had with me today. The gold Warwick Starbass is golder than than a gold thing. Featherlight 1x12 cabs, and the blue glow LED modified cab. CS Thanks for letting me use your amp. Thanks to everyone I met whom I haven't mentioned here.

My memory is so poor, I've already managed to forget the exact brand of strings recommended by Seashell. Were they Status Half-Rounds?

Edited by Annoying Twit

Thank you sincerely to all of you who came today. Hopefully without sounding terribly cheesy it really is you that makes these things happen, otherwise it would be just the Chris', Jo, Andy and I sitting there for the afternoon eating cake ;) and there wouldn't be one next year. Not saying that there will be you understand :P