Why become a member? ×

Mate of mine doing rather well on The Voice - David Cage

xilddx

[quote name='Drax' timestamp='1421309404' post='2659563']
Thats great, how did he end up on there?

(loving the Laphroaig BTW)
[/quote]
He's been a singer songwriter for years. I have his first demos and I loved his voice straightaway. He put a band together called Apartment and they toured with The Killers. But they split up a few years ago and he's since been doing music in various European countries. Brave move going on The Voice (Belgium, where currently lives). I hope he does well. He's a very talented chap, and a great all round musician too.

I wish your pal luck - but Belgium is hardly the centre of the musical talent ,I'm racking my brain to think of any musical talent that has emerged from that country.

The coaches -
Jali
Chimene Badi
Stanislas
Beverly Jo Scott

Never heard of any of them.

Your pal David probably has more talent than all of them put together, let alone be judged by them.

[quote name='steantval' timestamp='1421359439' post='2660451']
I wish your pal luck - but Belgium is hardly the centre of the musical talent ,I'm racking my brain to think of any musical talent that has emerged from that country.

The coaches -
Jali
Chimene Badi
Stanislas
Beverly Jo Scott

Your pal David probably has more talent than all of them put together, let alone be judged by them.
[/quote]

But he's not Belgian. He only lives in Belgium. But I know what you mean, so his chances are very good :D

[quote name='steantval' timestamp='1421360210' post='2660460']
Yes I did see that in your previous posts - he's a British chap currently living in Belgium.

If he wins, he could end up representing Belgium in the Eurovision Song Contest :lol:
[/quote]

Anglo-Italian akshully :)

That would be hilarious to see him on the ESC :lol:

The coaches -
Jali
Chimene Badi
Stanislas
Beverly Jo Scott

[/quote]

Django Reinhardt and Jacques Brel would qualify for musical talent I would think ;) But yeah the judges are a bit... Still though, there's an entirely different francophone music scene we anglophones are never exposed to.

Cool music scene in Brussels actually with the mix of people from all over the place. A helluva lot of jazz too if you're into that sort of thing.

Good luck to your mate xildxx. Good choice of song - the French and Belgians love that tune.

Edited by blitz

Good luck to David!

In series 3 of the Voice UK an acquaintance of mine called Adam (he had long hair and was a rock singer) made it through to the sing off/duel stage, I have a feeling he lost the sing off but then he was 'rescued' by one of the other judges and stayed in for a bit longer.

He used to sing in a band several of my mates played in in the Aylesbury area.

[quote name='EBS_freak' timestamp='1421350837' post='2660315']
My mate didn't do so well - his rendition of House of the Rising Sun didn't strike a chord with the judges!
[/quote]

You know Matt too then? He works for the same company as me, albeit I'm in London. I haven't seen him for a lot of years, so I probably can't call him a "mate" too much.

I think it was a shock to most of us that he was on there. Shame he didn't get through, we'd have all been rooting for him!

I think Milo comes from Belgium. He did an alternative version of 50 cents A yo Technology and an chillingly great song Herald of Free Enterprise.

The coaches -
Jali
Chimene Badi
Stanislas
Beverly Jo Scott

[/quote]

I think Milo comes from Belgium. He did an alternative version of 50 cents A yo Technology and an chillingly great song Herald of Free Enterprise.

The coaches -
Jali
Chimene Badi
Stanislas
Beverly Jo Scott

[/quote]

[quote name='Huge Hands' timestamp='1421400581' post='2660698']

You know Matt too then? He works for the same company as me, albeit I'm in London. I haven't seen him for a lot of years, so I probably can't call him a "mate" too much.

I think it was a shock to most of us that he was on there. Shame he didn't get through, we'd have all been rooting for him!
[/quote]

Yeah, big shame he didn't get any turns but he seems to be getting a bit of interest regardless. He's still busy with his function band, The Beat Brothers and no doubt they will see a rise in bookings following this.

I really enjoy playing with Matt - his guitar playing is as good as his vocals too.