Why become a member? ×

Stage outfits

Paultrader

Can anyone recommend a place where we can by jackets for our band? We play fifties/early sixties rock 'n' roll, and I'm trying to persuade the others that at the moment we look a bit like waiters! We're not in the first flush of youth so we really ought to look smart and avoid the 'mutton dressed as lamb' thing.

What I'm looking for is not what I'd wear in real life; sharp, possibly shiny suits in good colours, but durable and cool. The drummer wouldn't want to wear a jacket but I might be able to tempt him with a waistcoat to match the rest.

My internet trawls so far have produced surprisingly few options.

Would really appreciate any suggestions.

Paul

[quote name='Paultrader' timestamp='1420373177' post='2648473']...
Would really appreciate any suggestions...
[/quote]

Good afternoon, Paul...

No experience of this, but I'd suggest trawling the web for a few pics of artists or bands with the 'look' you're after, and taking them to a local tailor for an estimate. Any mileage in that..?

In my 3 piece band we just wear black suits with black ties and white shirts. Drummer wears black waistcoat instead of jacket and it works well for us but then again we are a mod genre band so it suits the image. I think wearing coloured suits may cause problems with fading and sweating over time. I dont think you can go wrong with black.

Not trying to be rude, but would you fit skinny suits ?

Like someone else mentioned maybe try searching for photos of the image you want, then start loloking based on that.

There is or used to be a retro clothes shop at the custard factory in birmingham.

Maybe try eBay ?

😊

These guys are great, we have had a number of jackets and stuff, union jack jackets, long shiny drape jackets, just be carefull of the material you choose, the drape jackets were really hot, made me realises how the Turkey feels in their baco foil at christmas

He can suggest fabrics or find your local fabric land

http://stagewearunlimited.com/