Why become a member? ×

NBD - Dingwall Z3

Iain

I went along with my Thumb bass in hand knowing exactly what I wanted feel-wise. I wanted a flatter, less D-shaped neck and not too neck-heavy - something I found I couldn't live with on the Warwick.

Had a go on this and the AB2 they have in, I also had a chat about the inbound NG2s. The pre-amp on the NG2 sounds reight up my street but the Glockenlang on this is fantastic along with the various pickup options I've a feeling this is a 'bass for life'. Under dimmer lighting it's not quite so 'in your face' and takes on a purplish tinge.

Just run through the set list for a gig at the end of Jan and, so far, haven't had any issues adjusting to the frets and the balance of feeling across the strings is a little freaky - it's so even. I'll have the opportunity to re-learn a few pieces now I don't have to switch position so much to keep an even tone...

[quote name='Moos3h' timestamp='1419886482' post='2643681']
We must have just missed each other! I was in today buying a jazz bass :)
[/quote]

cool, what did you end up with? I've always fancied a Jazz (my first bass was a really cheap Jazz copy) - there were a lot of stunning basses in there. I'd struggle not to empty the racks if the bank balance allowed.

[quote name='Billy Apple' timestamp='1419941595' post='2644107']
So are those two round dimples in the cover magnets?
[/quote]

I think they're finger-holes to make the removal and replacement of the cover very easy. :)
No screws, clips or latches... this is how battery covers should be, imho!

Edited by discreet

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1419943882' post='2644142']
I think they're finger-holes to make the removal and replacement of the cover very easy. :)
No screws, clips or latches... this is how battery covers should be, imho!
[/quote]

Spot on - I did wonder if the cover would come off too easily but the magnets are really string so no chance of it coming off accidentally.

Bit more time with it today (Xanadu, One ['tallica,played badly] & Sweet child) and it's getting more and more intuitive to play...