Why become a member? ×

Get your STATUS-GRAPHITE basses out!

OutToPlayJazz

[quote name='grapevinebass' post='264546' date='Aug 18 2008, 01:37 PM']OK to add to the Status-Fest...

My Series 2 in Cherry laquer finish over ash

The graphite has a red tint to compliment the body.

Light and well balanced, and just (almost) never goes out of tune[/quote]
Hey, I'm liking that very much.

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='267230' date='Aug 21 2008, 05:42 PM']Picked up this beauty today at the same time as dropping my old S2 into the factory to get the preamp rewired. Thanks again Rich (greyparrot)!

It's a 2008 S2-Classic 5-er in satin cocobolo with spalted maple board (you can't see the join between the maple & graphite - Truly stunning!)[/quote]

MB1. :)
Bloody Hell!....did you walk there?...them shoes are well worn out!.....,yer feet could do with a wash an' all ! :huh:

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='267230' date='Aug 21 2008, 05:42 PM']Picked up this beauty today at the same time as dropping my old S2 into the factory to get the preamp rewired. Thanks again Rich (greyparrot)!

It's a 2008 S2-Classic 5-er in satin cocobolo with spalted maple board (you can't see the join between the maple & graphite - Truly stunning!)[/quote]
my god im jealous!

[quote]Very nice OTPJ. You're a Status kleptomaniac.[/quote]

Er, nope Stingrayfan... I didn't steal it - Just traded for it :)

[quote]MB1.
Bloody Hell!....did you walk there?...them shoes are well worn out!.....,yer feet could do with a wash an' all ![/quote]

Thee knows! A's got blisters on 'me blisters, mate!

Edited by OutToPlayJazz

Gorgeous!

How was your trip to Rob, Dawn and the boyz? Did you get to see any of those stunning new stock basses on their site?

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='267653' date='Aug 22 2008, 09:37 AM']It was only a fleeting visit to the factory - Rob & Dawn were at home taking pictures of all the stock basses & redoing the website, so just a drop off this time.[/quote]
Furry muff. And what basses they are. GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS :)

iv just noticed something rather amazing, since i fitted the bass neck to my stingray about 3 weeks ago ish, iv not had to tune it....at all, its completly kept in tune! crazy, why does anyone bother with wooden necks?? :)

[quote name='BassManKev' post='267866' date='Aug 22 2008, 02:17 PM']iv just noticed something rather amazing, since i fitted the bass neck to my stingray about 3 weeks ago ish, iv not had to tune it....at all, its completly kept in tune! crazy, why does anyone bother with wooden necks?? :)[/quote]
Yup. My Retroactive gets tuned only for ceremony thesedays, just to be ultra-sure. Roll on my all-graphite dream bass.... :huh:

[quote name='BassManKev' post='267866' date='Aug 22 2008, 02:17 PM']iv just noticed something rather amazing, since i fitted the bass neck to my stingray about 3 weeks ago ish, iv not had to tune it....at all, its completly kept in tune! crazy, why does anyone bother with wooden necks?? :)[/quote]

Ahah you've finally discovered another of the advantages. I've rarely had to tune my StRay 5 in almost 4 years. In fact only when I've changed strings. It is totally impervious to temperature and humidy changes.

[quote name='BigBeatNut' post='263057' date='Aug 15 2008, 01:33 PM']I can see you're getting a lot of requests for info here ... hope you don't mind me asking another.

I heard rumours a while back that Rob was refusing to build Electros either because the model was being revamped, or perhaps because it needed a revamp. Any news on that would be much appreciated.

(I'm hoping to hear about a bass with larger acoustic chambers).

If that's too many requests and mine drops off the end of the list, no problems.

Cheers, Andy[/quote]

I contacted Rob about an Electro earlier this year and he informed me he was revisiting the design. Moved the mag pickup and a new EQ. Some work to do on the bridge pickup.

[quote name='BassBus' post='267891' date='Aug 22 2008, 02:49 PM']I contacted Rob about an Electro earlier this year and he informed me he was revisiting the design. Moved the mag pickup and a new EQ. Some work to do on the bridge pickup.[/quote]
Oh crap. Another one I want. :)

[quote name='BassBus' post='267945' date='Aug 22 2008, 04:12 PM']Yeh I know what you mean. Electro has to wait as there is an S2 in production for me.[/quote]
Yeah, I was talking about you (and the S2!) to Dawn earlier :) Only briefly mind, I was far more interested in the goss on the Kingbass v2 and the Streamline 5er :huh:

A few of the new stock basses that took my fancy, from the official website to whet your appetites...

KingBass Artist in curly claro walnut, 16.5mm custom string spacing & green front/side led's.

S2-Classic bolt-on in high gloss silver with chrome hardware.

Headed S2-Classic bolt-on with kahler tremolo bridge.

T-Bass without pickguard.

2008 Energy in blue stain.

Edited by OutToPlayJazz

[quote name='Merton' post='267949' date='Aug 22 2008, 04:16 PM']Yeah, I was talking about you (and the S2!) to Dawn earlier :) Only briefly mind, I was far more interested in the goss on the Kingbass v2 and the Streamline 5er :huh:[/quote]

What is the latest gossip with the mk2 kingbass Merton. They must be letting something out now the pictures are in the public domain.