Why become a member? ×

Get your STATUS-GRAPHITE basses out!

OutToPlayJazz

[quote name='cheddatom' post='276070' date='Sep 3 2008, 10:16 AM']That's my favorite on this thread.[/quote]

It was owned from new by Bob Skeet of Wishbone Ash. He sent it back to Rob in '86 to have the fret board done in the Sircote.... Same as the facing wood!

Lovely bass now owned by André (Statii forum)

:)

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='275879' date='Sep 2 2008, 10:52 PM']Hey, if Nick, Matt & I shared a house, we'd have the biggest collection of Status basses on the planet!

Edit: [i]Then again, there is that huge rack of the things in Rob Green's workshop - Now, if I had a crane........[/i][/quote]

...we'd have the biggest collection of basses on the planet!!!

[quote name='doctor_of_the_bass' post='277389' date='Sep 4 2008, 10:06 PM']Spoke to Dawn today `about a price'....!

She was busy picking her kids up from school so she called me back but I was teaching so will try and get in touch tomorrow![/quote]

Price for what???

What you interested in??

[quote name='Merton' post='277971' date='Sep 5 2008, 04:08 PM']Hmmmmmm..... <Ponders>

I know that I need to save a fair bit for my next Status, but it's also not a secret what I want...[/quote]

The next bass I order from Rob will be a real pain in the arse for him as I have discovered (from having so many different basses to play) EXACTLY what I like and there will be a few tweaks!!

Hopefully CASH will persuade him to play ball!!

Hmmm... I've been thinking about a Stealth II, but I need to play one first. I'm doing my two weeks of "Singing in the rain" on my latest aquisition, the cocobolo S2 5-stringer & it puts me in the mind to perhaps get a sixer in the future, as I really like playing my TRB-6. Perhaps an S2 bolt-on 6 like JohnGH's. Apart from that, I'm all sorted! :)

Edited by OutToPlayJazz

*Looks* at the stock page... I think it has to be a headless, neck-thru one so.... I'm betting on the red stain one with black hardware & side led's, or the book-matched cocobolo one with the gold hardware, or the figured walnut/gold hardware one :)

Clearly picturing Nick chanting, "Ah yes, she will be mine... Ah yes, she will be mine...!"

Edited by OutToPlayJazz

[quote name='crez5150' post='278062' date='Sep 5 2008, 05:36 PM']You lot are soooooooo secretive...... come on spill spill spill!!!!![/quote]

There are a few things but the top 2 are...

1/ The gap between the strings and the body. I much prefer the smaller gap like the old Series II's and my Alembic MK sig!

2/ A chamfered top edge above the bridge area as this digs into my forearm.

We'll see what happens when the cash comes in!!

:)

Hey Nick, I really like the red one out of those two. Looks like it has the red tint in the graphite as well :)

Kev, thanks for the lovely comments - I've been playing the phenowood necked 5 for the last two weeks in a show & it's a real performer. Played a jazz gig on it the other week. Excellent bass! Hopefully getting the older one back soon. It's at the factory having it's preamp sorted out and returned to it's original spec now I've sold the U-retro that was in it.