Why become a member? ×

Get your STATUS-GRAPHITE basses out!

OutToPlayJazz

[quote name='marcus bell' post='317019' date='Oct 28 2008, 07:49 PM']i like all of them, except the one with red and green leds, dont ask why???[/quote]
Hmmm, this could just be a shot in the dark, but maybe its something to do with the LEDs?

I'm still waiting to see the 5 string version.

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='317023' date='Oct 28 2008, 07:55 PM']Hmmm, this could just be a shot in the dark, but maybe its something to do with the LEDs?

I'm still waiting to see the 5 string version.[/quote]

almost right in one mate, i just dont like the colour of the wood and those red leds together...i think its a bit silly looking lol, like an alembic wannabe almost, still prefer it though tbh...

[quote name='marcus bell' post='317466' date='Oct 29 2008, 12:11 PM']cool basses g-77, all you need now is a s2, and a MK-II and your done :)...

no seriously, nice collection buddy, what amp you going through???

mB[/quote]

well the mkII dose nothing for me & the S2 i find uncomfortable to play, so next is either an all graphite KB 1 or another Streamline built to slightly different spec.

At home i use as Superfly Head DI'ed into my sound desk, at rehearsal i use what ever they have in the room. On the rare occasion my band gigs , i hire a nice rig, this work out a lot cheaper than buying a rig that will get used once or twice a year!

[quote name='crez5150' post='313892' date='Oct 24 2008, 02:34 PM']Saw L42 las night at the RAH.... Bass sounded good from what I could hear.... the FOH sound was absolutely shocking..... and I mean shocking. One of the worst live sounds I've ever heard. Last years show there was so much better.

And they only played for approx 1 hour 15 mins....[/quote]At Ipswich Last night they played for an hour and 40 mins neally, 3 song encore with huge long bass solos, fantastic night, Mk11 sounded fabulous,

Now wheres my Capri parked!

[quote name='phsycoandy' post='318176' date='Oct 30 2008, 09:31 AM']At Ipswich Last night they played for an hour and 40 mins neally, 3 song encore with huge long bass solos, fantastic night, Mk11 sounded fabulous,

Now wheres my Capri parked![/quote]
I was there too. It was amazing, they sure as hell still got it.

I agree the Mk II sounded amazing, especially on that looped solo, reminded me why I love status.

Well, went to the factory today to pick up my '90 SII & to get my 5-stringer set up. Met Nick (the Doc) there & stayed for hours! Here's some snaps from the factory & a couple more from a carpark (post lunch) where two sad men got a load of basses out & took pictures of them! You may notice an MK-II there as well. Nick kidnapped one for a forthcoming demo show.

Rich: Rob, you've designed a bass specially for fat blokes!

Nick: Yes, it covers a multitude of sins!

The aforementioned two sad blokes in a car park!

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='319478' date='Nov 1 2008, 08:58 AM']Well my Octavia has done 132,000 miles![/quote]

Sorry, it should be "my bass strings are worth more than my car" thread - I'll start the thread because I qualify too! :)

[quote name='BigBeatNut' post='261950' date='Aug 13 2008, 08:36 PM']Electro(-1)

And Eclipse Ltd

[/quote]

Okay I'm now officially putting these up for trade. Need to thin the herd.

I have very specific wants though ... must be 5-string, fretless and unlined with and ebony fingerboard. I think it's unlikely to be a Status therefore, so I'm just posting here because of what I'm offering up as trades. My 'wanted' posting is [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=30453"]HERE[/url]. If you do have a Status with an ebony fingerboard that you want to trade, I'd be interested to hear about it.

You might try offering me cash for these, but I'll let you know in advance it'll need to be an offer I can't refuse. I'd really much prefer to trade one or more of the basses for something like, oooh, I don't know, say an F-Bass BN5F or Lakland 55-94 fretless.

Andy

Hey Andy, they are both beauties and you know I've coverted that 5-string Eclipse for a long time, but I've got my KingBass up for sale at the moment so I can fund an S2 6-string. Unfortunately there's no spare money around & I don't have a fretless to trade :)

So best of luck with those, mate. I'm sure someone will snap them up. Pop them onto Statii.com as well. You're sure to get some bites there, mate.

Rich.

[quote name='BigBeatNut' post='319881' date='Nov 1 2008, 11:46 PM']Okay I'm now officially putting these up for trade. Need to thin the herd.

I have very specific wants though ... must be 5-string, fretless and unlined with and ebony fingerboard. I think it's unlikely to be a Status therefore, so I'm just posting here because of what I'm offering up as trades. My 'wanted' posting is [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=30453"]HERE[/url]. If you do have a Status with an ebony fingerboard that you want to trade, I'd be interested to hear about it.

You might try offering me cash for these, but I'll let you know in advance it'll need to be an offer I can't refuse. I'd really much prefer to trade one or more of the basses for something like, oooh, I don't know, say an F-Bass BN5F or Lakland 55-94 fretless.

Andy[/quote]Both superb basses, I love the Electro.

[quote name='steve-soar' post='320035' date='Nov 2 2008, 11:24 AM']Both superb basses, I love the Electro.[/quote]
The electro is a super bass, and honestly, only a hairs-breadth difference between it an the Rob Allen Deep 5 I've just got. I paid a lot of money for that hairs-breadth. They're so close it doesn't make much sense to keep the electro.

On the other hand, it occurs to me that an ebony 'board Electro-3 might well meet my requirements for a fretless 5. Did Rob ever make one, or are they all either rosewood or else phenolic ?

Andy

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='320289' date='Nov 2 2008, 05:03 PM']I'm sure he could do an ebony board Electro. Drop him a line or give Status a call on Monday :)[/quote]
Hmmm ... I'm sure he could, but I wouldn't know quite what it was going to sound like till he finished. I'm sure there are other luthiers out there who could offer the same.

What I do have in the back of my mind, however, is an alternate neck for one of my basses, e.g. for the S1 or for the Lakland 55-94. That's a bit less of an unknown, and a bit less risk, than a completely new bass.

I'd much rather than either of those find a bass I can hear, that makes me go 'That's the sound I have in head'.

Andy