Why become a member? ×

Get your STATUS-GRAPHITE basses out!

OutToPlayJazz

[quote name='doctor_of_the_bass' post='321230' date='Nov 3 2008, 07:28 PM']Thats a really sweet bass Steve - it plays very nicely too!

I'm in a dilemma right now - I'm really in love with the MK-II - what am I to sell to fund one?!?!!

Nick[/quote]
Why thank you Nick !

I'm looking at the MK-II also, they sounded brill at the recent shows, I'm sure you could find something to sell !?

Steve

Hi Steve, excellent looking KingBass you have there - One of the earlier ones with the three smaller black controls for the preamp. Is the top wood rosewood or cocobolo?

Hey Nick, sell whatever you're not playing! Sounds like you've got to have one! I think the figured claro walnut one we played is the one to have :)

I put my KB on sale for a day and then decided I couldn't part with it! Had a bite too, serious offer from the US!

Rich.

[quote]My SII classic looks a bit boring compared to some of your King basses.
I've added my USA Fender Jazz fitted with Sims custom front and side led's
and Badass bridge.[/quote]

Not at all! My walnut S2 is my main bass! Everyone should have one :) And your S2 looks stunning in the aquamarine stain with black hardware!

Rich.

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='321468' date='Nov 4 2008, 12:12 AM']When Nick & I were at the factory on Friday Rob mentioned that he wasn't very happy with said review, but we'll see. Nick has the review bass at home with him at the moment. He's using it for demos at Music Live at the NEC next week, I think.[/quote]
Well, so long as the reviewers were honest and sincere, surely thats the main thing? Noone's perfect and we all live and learn.

[quote name='marcus bell' post='321479' date='Nov 4 2008, 12:36 AM']true true, cant wait to read it though and im sure there will be sum cool pics init too,

i might go along to music live, anyone coming,,,

will nick let me have a go dya reckon???

play hard and peace

marcusB[/quote]

The idea is that the bass is going to be there for everyone to have a play; since many people have yet to see one in the flesh as it were, I suggested to Rob that it might be a good idea for me to take one to the show - since he's not doing the show, the only way to see them is a trip to the factory, so I'm kind of bridging the gap and hopefully, the bass will get some exposure! Its LEDs are superb!!!

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='321381' date='Nov 3 2008, 10:04 PM']Hi Steve, excellent looking KingBass you have there - One of the earlier ones with the three smaller black controls for the preamp. Is the top wood rosewood or cocobolo?

Hey Nick, sell whatever you're not playing! Sounds like you've got to have one! I think the figured claro walnut one we played is the one to have :)

I put my KB on sale for a day and then decided I couldn't part with it! Had a bite too, serious offer from the US!

Rich.[/quote]
Thanks Rich, the top is rosewood although I wouldn't mind a cocobolo one ! This is one bass I could never part with either & I understand you withdrawing your beauty from sale.

Steve

Bit of shopping in Colchester yesterday with the purchase of a KB II ! Shown here with it's older brother, I'll have to ask Dawn if I'm the only other KB II owner at the moment other then Mr M. King ?

Plays luverly :) A big Thank You to Dawn, Rob & Jerry yesterday for being so patient & welcoming.

4-STRING THROUGH-NECK KINGBASS ARTIST MKII
USED BY MARK KING FOR THE FIRST 3 CONCERTS OF THE UK '08 TOUR
CUSTOM FRONT AND SIDE BLUE LED's
Book-matched figured claro walnut facing
Natural maple veneer, 2-piece mahogany back
High gloss lacquer
4-string woven graphite through-neck
Dual-action truss-rod
Standard 34" scale (864mm) fingerboard
Custom 'BendWell' and ball-bearing top-nut
Phenolic fingerboard, 24 frets
Custom front and side BLUE LED's
Gold hardware
Mono-rail bridge units
Custom 16.5mm string spacing
Status J / J hum-cancelling pickups
Status three-band E.Q. with variable midrange frequency
Master volume, pickup blend control
18 volt power supply

hi dudes!!! well happy just got back from the nec, went to music live and played the kingbass mk-II what an instrument, thansk nick for letting me have a quick blast!!! :)...

im definately saving up for one, starting from now, still not whether to have the leds or not, umm....i think i will if your gunna do it do it properly :huh:
thanks again to nick and obviously rob for building the bass its excellent, one of my favourite basses already roll on xmas and my birthday and all the paydays so i can get one of these and park it next to my jaydee :huh:

heres the pics i took:

firstly heres the bass on its own, looking lovely with its sw***y blue front and side leds :huh:

heres me and my dad having a snap with the status (thanks nick for taking this mate):

me and nick with the bass, were cool:

and just me with the bass, im getting one just like this and i cant wait :unsure: , note to self: start ssavin now and dont spend a penny anywhere :lol: lol...

an enjoyable day was had by all,

thanks

marcus

[quote name='doctor_of_the_bass' post='325495' date='Nov 9 2008, 08:43 PM']Thanks Marcus - great to see you on the stand and nice to meet your Dad! Glad u love the bass! Congrats to Steve - I think you are the first customer - I did speak to a chap today at the show who has placed an order for one but you are in possession (sounds terrible - not meant to!) well done m8!!!!

Cheers!

Nick[/quote]

Looks like you had a good time at the NEC, shame I couldn't make it. Marcus, I wish I had your patience & didn't have a credit card, saving up is the best way though.

Thanks Nick ! I must say I like being in err..possession I think the MK II has a great definitive sound.

Steve

Get a Mark II version, if you settle for the Mark I you will only have to shift it on for a Mark II.
I personally wouldn't bother with the led's as I think they are Mark King's own look and that'll save you £600.
I'd like an ash one in Sonic Blue or Candy Apple Red.
I prefer this bass to the old one.

£2594, or £2000 without the fairy lights. Will you use the bend well?
Stanley Clarke and Mark King didn't have them back in the day and still did amazing harmonic bends and do you like the 16.5mm spacing compared to the Jaydee?
I want one with 18mm spacing, no bling and a solid old school Fender colour, so mine will come in at £1900, I'm gonna order mine next year, I love the shape and the Jazz pups.
I've always wanted a Status and this is the one I now want but the body IMHO is too big for all that exotic timber so a cool solid colour, maybe black, mmmm.
(strokes imaginary beard).
How would yours look?

[quote](strokes imaginary beard).
How would yours look?[/quote]

Imaginary beard? Looks real on your avatar, Steve - Is it removable? :)

I'm going to buck the trend here & not order one. I'm going to be needing a serious jazz in the next few months, so I'm looking at Sadowsky, etc. Also very into my 6-string at the moment (playing a week of "Anything Goes" this week & the six-stringer makes easy work of some seriously nasty keys!) and seriously thinking about ordering an S2 6-er.

Rich.

if i ordered one it would be quilted maple, with blud led's bendwell, 16.5mm string spacing, basically the dogs doo-dahs's lol...

and if i buy a second hand mk-I, i wouldnt mind what colour the leds and wood were as long as it were, and artist model, through neck, 16.5mm spacing and had front plus side leds :) :huh: :huh:....

marcus

stilll need options as its a lot of money for me...