Why become a member? ×

Get your STATUS-GRAPHITE basses out!

OutToPlayJazz

MB1. :huh:
Looks like the new cars out the window then! :huh:
That Streamlines gonna make you look like youve got a big gut you know!
Must admit the myrtle S2 is the only bass ive thought... :) i'll try a 5!
lets hope youre in the RAC! :huh:

Edited by MB1

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='373513' date='Jan 7 2009, 09:20 PM']It's coming tomorrow am via courier. I'll give play it at rehearsal tomorrow evening, then see where it goes from there...[/quote]

Well done brother! I bought a copy of the Perf. Musician mag today - great review on Myrt! Perhaps you should change your username to `Myrton'! Hehe!

Another bass sold yesterday - so more in the pot of fundage!!!

[quote]That Streamlines gonna make you look like youve got a big gut you know![/quote]

Ah well, reality & all that, Martin!

[quote]Must admit the myrtle S2 is the only bass ive thought... i'll try a 5![/quote]

Yes, both my 5's have made people rethink their concepts of 5-stringers. The cocobolo one with the phenowood board converted Nick to 5's & me too, to be honest. I never got on with any 5's until the S2's.

[quote]Well done brother! I bought a copy of the Perf. Musician mag today - great review on Myrt! Perhaps you should change your username to `Myrton'! Hehe!

Another bass sold yesterday - so more in the pot of fundage!!![/quote]

Hey bro! Seems you're not the only one who invests all their spare fundage into instruments, LOL!

Excellent news on the KB MK-II fund. Is it almost all there?

Rich.

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='373529' date='Jan 7 2009, 09:30 PM']Ah well, reality & all that, Martin!

Yes, both my 5's have made people rethink their concepts of 5-stringers. The cocobolo one with the phenowood board converted Nick to 5's & me too, to be honest. I never got on with any 5's until the S2's.[/quote]

MB1. :)
In all Seriousity Rich!....let us know how you get on with the streamline!.....Curious and Curiouser! :huh:

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='373538' date='Jan 7 2009, 09:40 PM']LOL Martin! There's already a queue forming on that one, would you believe... It's only about a £350 saving on new as well![/quote]

MB1. :)
Was thinking more of Richs review of the bass.....than me purchasing it! :huh:

got quite a few now rich eh?? good for you mate, nice one!!! i bet you have a lot of tone range available now :) seriously mate out of all the statuses on the website i am absolutely in love with this one, someone needs to buy it for my 18th birthday :huh::):huh:...please:

and i thought id just slip this pic in slyly, sorry its not a status btw...

hope everyone is well and okay, and the new year is treating them well :huh:

over and out

marcus

x

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='374303' date='Jan 8 2009, 06:34 PM']Ooh, that's a nice link, Nick. That's the Alembic I'd really like. Maybe one day!

Streamline arrived today. It's fantastic. Now I've got it set up how I like it, it's very good. Very much like an S2 with a lot of wood missing. Sits on the strap nicely and sounds nicely gutteral![/quote]Mr Moo better watch out, six Statii. :)

Edited by steve-soar

yeah ive eyed up that alembic already nick, looks the bollocks, a proper mark king alembic, which is not something you see everyday there never quite proper like this one is :)...the photo of the neck leds is my wallpaper at the moment lol, what does everyone think to the kingbass ive posted then, if i had the money it would be mine now mwahahah!!!

marcus

x

I got my Streamline today courtesy of Vern on Statii.com. Set it up identically to my walnut S2 (to the mm!) with a new set of hotwire 30-90's & it's fantastic. Took it to rehearsal this evening & it's got some real balls to it. Very comfortable to play for a long time as well, due to the dramatically reduced weight. Playing wise, the instrument doesn't end up being as far across to the right of your body as a KingBass does. That way it feels more like a wingless S2 to play. Sound-wise it's a lot sweeter than I expected, too. I was expecting the all-graphite construction to sound a lot gritter, but nope, it's almost as sweet sounding as my no.1 bass. I'm impressed!

Rich.

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='374610' date='Jan 8 2009, 11:16 PM']Hey BRX, photos are on page 24. They're Vern's, but very clear images of the bass. Totally unmarked :)[/quote]

Thanks! Anyone got any pictures of the back of the neck when it meets the 'single cut' body?

[quote name='BigRedX' post='374595' date='Jan 8 2009, 11:05 PM']Photos please OtPJ!

The I really want to try a Streamline at some point...[/quote]

I did 3 days ago.
Then ordered one. I'd played dozens that day, and no others came close, especially in the cold weather.
They are all that. And a bag of chips. Utterly devoid of deadspots etc, and not lacking in sonic weight for all the absence of physical mass!
Even the Mrs liked it.

Photos to follow. When Rob's built it...

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='355321' date='Dec 15 2008, 07:57 PM']I can do no better than put up Rob's pics of it from the stock pages...

Status-Graphite S2-Classic 5-string through neck with myrtle-wood top, mahogany wings & walnut centre tone block.

[/quote]

Got to play this one tonight & it's really lovely. I made an attempt to lure Rich with a particularly nice Warwick but didn't get very far ;)

Maybe I need to try & tempt him with the Sadowsky or the Zon :P

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='376821' date='Jan 11 2009, 03:01 PM']Hey Barrie, if I had the money I'd have the Zon VB & the Infinity off you in a flash, but that S2 is a keeper as you can tell! You can prise it out of my cold, dead hands if you like, mate ;)

Rich.[/quote]

Did I mention I know people who can have other people "taken care of"?

Better watch your back Rich, especially if you see large tattooed men on motorcycles in your general vicinity. . .