Why become a member? ×

Get your STATUS-GRAPHITE basses out!

OutToPlayJazz

[quote name='steve-soar' post='261656' date='Aug 13 2008, 03:59 PM']The Stealth-Empathy is a true beauty and the 2000 fiver is a cracker too. I can't imagine playing with 15mm spacing though. :)[/quote]

[i]Completely standard[/i] string spacing for the Status 5 strings with the older tuning system :huh:

.....I am having a new custom ACG headless bass built and Alan is having all sorts of problems sourcing a custom bridge as I want to keep the [i]same [/i]15mm spacing that I am now so used to.... :huh:

David, your one-off stealth-shaped Empathy is a real looker with quite the family history as well! The 15mm spacing sounds rather like the OLP Tony Levin bass where they crammed the 5 string into the 4 string width bridge. I suppose it's just something you get used to. The later Status 5-ers with individual bridge units are all 18mm as opposed to the standard 19mm on the 4-stringers.

An excellent story, anyway. Thanks for sharing it with us :)

[quote name='david_l_perry' post='261416' date='Aug 13 2008, 10:35 AM']2000 v string all black graphite covered fretless (de-fretted by Martin Peterson at the gallery), and a one off custom Empathy 5 string Rob made for me 10 years ago (the first headless using the stealth body shape don't you know.....):-

[/quote]
If you ever think about selling the Series 2000 5 string, drop me a PM. Seriously.

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='261960' date='Aug 13 2008, 09:47 PM']That Eclipse Ltd is/was gorgeous! Is this one you've sold on?[/quote]

No I still own all 3. (When I said 'previous owner' I meant I only have photos taken by the previous owner to me).

However the Eclipse Ltd is a bit of an odd one in my collection ... if someone was to make me an offer I couldn't refuse , I'd probably part with it. Currently gassing for an [u][url="http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l183/cabooke/F-Bass.jpg"]F-bass BN5 fretless[/url][/u] so the funds would help :)

Edited by BigBeatNut

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='262025' date='Aug 13 2008, 10:54 PM']What issue number /100 is it? (Should say on the back of the headstock.)[/quote]
It's 46. But not sure how much that means, since I've seen another 46/100 on fleabay and that was a 4-banger. I'm sure some one told me there were 50 4's and 50 5's, each series numbered 1-50. I can't verify that though.

Andy

[quote name='Born 2B Mild' post='262748' date='Aug 14 2008, 09:48 PM']Any of you Status owners got a Streamline to show?[/quote]

There's one on the earlier pages of this thread. I think it's either G77's or OBBM's.

Edit:- Yes, it's G-77's. Beautiful green tint to it. Bottom of page 1 :)

Edited by OutToPlayJazz

This is my status

Not my photos, so sorry to Rumble and the previous owner for using these photos

[attachment=12144:eclip_07_003.jpg][attachment=12145:Status_back_full.jpg][attachment=12146:Status_b
ody_front.jpg][attachment=12147:Status_front_full.jpg]
[attachment=12143:eclip_07_002.jpg][attachment=12142:eclip_07_001.jpg]

havent added photos before so not sure if this has worked

[quote name='frank' post='262830' date='Aug 14 2008, 11:47 PM']This is my status

Not my photos, so sorry to Rumble and the previous owner for using these photos[/quote]
Smashing bass ! I really think the Eclipse shape (with contoured top, bevelled edges, not sure if I have the right name for it) is one of the nicest bass shapes ever, and yours is particularly sweet in natural woods.

Andy

Im thinking about selling it because the width of the neck is killing my fretting hand,and going back to 4 string

but its such a great bass and the action is so low im in two minds about it.

Its for sale in Ireland, if it sells great if it dosent i dont mind keeping it.

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='262766' date='Aug 14 2008, 10:16 PM']There's one on the earlier pages of this thread. I think it's either G77's or OBBM's.

Edit:- Yes, it's G-77's. Beautiful green tint to it. Bottom of page 1 :)[/quote]
Thanks. It looks cool. I'm looking forward to seeing pics of a rumoured six string Streamline, but I wonder if a wide neck will be at odds with the slim concept.