Why become a member? ×

Endorsement...

Nate

Tee - how d'ya mean? They want me to do demos etc...

I got a video on youtube of me playin with my loop pedal.... [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6wG71TR2_0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6wG71TR2_0[/url]

just bout to incorporate a Yamaha G-50 into the old set up. yum

Congrats! Thats great news!

I'm lucky to be endorsed by Shuker Bass YAY! I still have a deal with Rotosound but am just sorting out a new deal with The Bass Centre/Elite strings and Warwick (for the Dark Lord strings).

All of which are bloomin excellent and have been brilliant with me. I change my amp gear so much I haven't given that side of things much thought what so ever. The Shuker thing is very important to me though.. 'speshly with Doodle n' all. ;o) Jon maybe a small company.. but..well... you know what I think! Genius!

From what i've heared of endorsements, most still require them to actually buy all the stuff, very few get any discounded prices and almost never free. The benifits are being associated with a big name company and increasing your profile as a musician. IMHO.

I get my gear for free. I think it depends on the company. I know that EBS only give gear to people like Marcus Miller and Mark Bass don't even give Mr Berlin his stuff for free.... Ampeg are very kind.

So if any companies want to endorse me, i have about 55 gigs left this year to come and see me at hahahaha:
Fender
Ashdown
Newtone

Do it! :-D

My friend has a warwick amp deal, he plays for steve harley and tours all over the europe etc, and he doesn't get stuff for free, heavily discounted though.

Nice one though, if i'd known u were at LGS nate i woulda come said Hi.
Let us know when you have a band gig!

Si

Dear Mr Elixir,

Please endorse me as buying EAD bass strings and adgbe guitar strings is a very expensive affair for my custom Wes Lambe Guitar.

Um, I'm not to great yet...I'll be back in 3 years with another letter.

M.

PS, I do play bass pretty well tho...

Seriously, I have considered approaching some companies to see if they have any B stock they would be willing to give to my conservatoire, can you believe there are no amps here...rubbish.

[quote name='alexclaber' post='29727' date='Jul 10 2007, 01:13 PM']Come to think of it, do Avalon, QSC and Acme endorse anyone? Bootsy got there first to my preferred strings and I only change them annually at most.[/quote]
none to my knowlage, mite be worth a shout :)

• 1 year later...

Im not important enough for anyone to endorse, and even if I did endorse anything I'd have to publicise myself which I'm not that comfortable with TBH. Its not like my playing represents any kind of example to others. Anyway, I'd much rather pay for something I liked rather than get something free that I didn't like.

However if companies want to chuck stuff at me simply because of my forum prowness, then who am I to refuse...? :) :huh: I won't be checking my mail box tomorrow in anticipation though. Heheheh.