Why become a member? ×

The Alternative Rock Factfile. It's Back for a Christmas Edition!

yorks5stringer

Following the merger to form a supergroup by Florence Welch and Machine Head, now called Florence and the Machine Head, they have decided to merge with a Folk Supergroup and have become Florence and the BellowMachine Head.

A new release of the AWB's "Pick Up the Pieces coupled with "Work to Do" RAP style is expected in the New Year now that MC Hammer and NIne Inch Nails have dissolved their partnership and Chaka Demus and Pliars have also split releasing Pliars to team up with MC Hammer. MC Hammer and Pliars will be appearing at Home Depots across the USA in March 2015.

[quote name='yorks5stringer' timestamp='1416065569' post='2606547']
A new release of the AWB's "Pick Up the Pieces coupled with "Work to Do" RAP style is expected in the New Year now that MC Hammer and NIne Inch Nails have dissolved their partnership and Chaka Demus and Pliars have also split releasing Pliars to team up with MC Hammer. MC Hammer and Pliars will be appearing at Home Depots across the USA in March 2015.
[/quote]
I believe that Skrewdriver are involved in this too?

[quote name='UglyDog' timestamp='1416069914' post='2606594']
I believe that Skrewdriver are involved in this too?
[/quote]
Not on this recording but I heard they may be doing "Twist and Shout" as a seperate project. I expect Men at Work will crop up too...

Edited by yorks5stringer

Following the departure of several key members, The Waterboys held lengthy auditions for replacements. Fish, The Captain ( minus Tenille), Lieutenant Pigeon and Sandy Shaw were all contenders along with Brian Ferry and River Phoenix. Simon Le Bon did not make the shortlist however. Rickie Fataar (Beach Boys) and Roger Waters thought they had got the gig but in the end the Muscle Shoals Rhythm Section triumphed and the first single from the new line up was "Islands in the Stream" .

Edited by yorks5stringer

[quote name='yorks5stringer' timestamp='1416079393' post='2606708']
Not on this recording but I heard they may be doing "Twist and Shout" as a seperate project. I expect Men at Work will crop up too...
[/quote]

Eventually this collective decided that a simpler, more generic name would be appropriate. They are now known as Tool.

Leather-gloved Rocker Alvin Stardust was actually a duo formed by the merger of Ziggy Stardust and Alvin from the Chipmunks. To lower Alvin's squeaky voice, all recordings were slowed to bring the pitch down to the human range. Due to Alvin hibernating during the Winter months, Tours were only scheduled March to October.

[quote name='Geddys nose' timestamp='1415693147' post='2602666']
Ryan Adams and Bryan Adams are actually the same person.
[/quote]

Funny enough there was an actual incident at one of Ryan Adam's gigs where he stopped playing and refused to continue until a member of the audience who kept shouting out for summer of 69 was ejected from the venue!
This is a genuinely true story. I read about it in a book so it must be! A proper hard back book. Not OK magazine or Hello!

[quote name='yorks5stringer' timestamp='1416085451' post='2606807']
Following the departure of Courtney Love from Hole (due to her reading some negative feedback on her playing on Basschat), Fairport's Dave Pegg was the favourite to replace her.
[/quote]
He's a bit square for that.

Following the departure of Les Gray from Mud, the remaining members decided not to audition for slots with the newly reforming Waterboys as they felt they were a bit stuck doing what they did.

Gravel Voiced American Icon Johnny Cash owned the Cash Converters franchise and due to their profitability, he became known as "The Man in the Black".

Ambient Muso's Zero 7 (incidentally their CD's are always the most shoplifted as they are furthest from the till) are actually all serving members of MI6. In order to extract a foreign agent from the UK they invite them (with an offer of free tickets) to their concerts, reduce them to a zen-like state with their ambient shoe-gazing tunes and they can be taken to Heathrow and deported without any trouble.