Why become a member? ×

The Alternative Rock Factfile. It's Back for a Christmas Edition!

yorks5stringer

[quote name='Japhet' timestamp='1417968622' post='2625557']
Bill Clinton never had any political aspirations until his brother, George, formed his band and called it Parliament. The closest Bill ever got to George's achievements was when his Government was described as 'One nation under an imbecile'.
[/quote]

Quite lot of blowing going on mind then?

The founding members of the Doobie Brothers were big Diana Ross fans and were so in awe of her single hit "Doobedood'ndoobe, Doobedood'ndoobe Doobedood'ndoo" that they decided to ditch their planned name of The Cannabis Five and adopt a shortened version of Diana's song in tribute to her.

[quote name='Bottle' timestamp='1417610266' post='2622167']
The artist Labyrinth actually got lost in a Maize Maze once and had to be rescued. Poor chap
[/quote]
[quote name='ras52' timestamp='1417610696' post='2622175']
Was that when he was supporting Korn?
[/quote]
I think it was Leftfield ;)

Body Art Billboard David and Fashion Magnate Victoria Beckham have always been interested in music, so much so they named their first born after their favourite Steely Dan track. Their second born after a Dire Straits track, third born after a Frankie Ford hit and last born after a Jeannnie C Reilly ditty.

Iceland have just announced their "Spice Girls" Food range for Christmas. Ginger Spice has developed a Red Bull infused Cream Horn (99p for 4), Sporty Spice a Peanut Brittle (99p for 4 ), Baby Spice a Children's Rusk (99p pack of 6), and finally Scary Spice a Bi-carbonate of Soda Bread (99p each). Peter Andre has however said he will not be following this with a Jordanian/Middle Eastern range however.

Edited by yorks5stringer

Soulsters Daryl Hall and John Oates wrote "Maneater" for the Jaws Movie. However it was rejected in favour of the John Williams track "B flat ,C". Oates commented. "It could have been written by a child". John Williams (aged 3) countered with, "It's just sour Grape(nuts).

(I've just transcribed the Jaws Theme on stave and tab, this is available from me by PM. I find it goes down quite well at Fishing Society Gigs and is a firm favourite with those Fishermens Friends too)