Why become a member? ×

Choices

JamesBass

So it's my 21st coming in just over a month and I've been told by my parents that I can have some money towards a new bass. Thinking I'll go for a limelight and it's going to certainly be a 62 era P Bass. Now the question is;

Do I go for Shoreline Gold with a matching headstock and Tort guard?

OR

Do I go Lake Placid Blue with a natural headstock and Tort guard?

Two great choices. I have LPB Jazz Bass which has it;s original white guard, Bass Doc made me a Tort one but it never stays in longer than 5 minutes as the white suits it more, to my taste (possibly due to the matching head?).

I'm a big fan of Shoreline Gold, but matching heads were exceptionally rare on a P Bass then so I'd personally go natural.

The picture above this post looks great. These also look very cool with an Anodized guard, I was selling one earlier this year:

[attachment=168809:P1060629.JPG]

Either bass will surely be killer, great options you have there! :gas:

Big yes for Shoreline gold/tort/matching headstock from me. The matching head would work as it would be subtle, very classy imo.
If you go for LPBlue then I'd go for natural headstock and mint guard.
The tort guard can work with LPBlue but if you get a darker shade of it then the tort clashes too much for me.

Ask for very light relic too if you go Limelight ;)

[quote name='miles'tone' timestamp='1407665085' post='2522653']
Et voila!
[/quote]
Christ that's made my decision hard! I'd probably go for tort that was a bit brighter, perhaps I'll have have to save for two! Maybe Mark will do me a deal if I buy two? ;)

Edited by JamesBass

I love tort and I really like it on some colours, a red trot on LPB can look great in a weird clashy sort of way.

But to my eyes Firemist and Shoreline Gold just look lousy with a tort guard, the tort doesn't jump out and the gold looks muted when they are together. I have a '61 P refinned in Firemist Gold and the earl orangy tort just looks dull next to the gold. I'd love to put a parchment gueard on but I'm too afraid to remove the old nitro guard for fear of it shrinking.

Colours are so subjective, I doubt anything but looking at pictures will help you decide.

[quote name='JamesBass' timestamp='1407607216' post='2522321']
So it's my 21st coming in just over a month and I've been told by my parents that I can have some money towards a new bass. Thinking I'll go for a limelight and it's going to certainly be a 62 era P Bass. Now the question is;

Do I go for Shoreline Gold with a matching headstock and Tort guard?

OR

Do I go Lake Placid Blue with a natural headstock and Tort guard?
[/quote]
It's always good to have choices. The best thing about having choices is making those choices, because we all know what we all like....don't we?