Why become a member? ×

The ideal Bass strap?

Karl Derrick

Good to hear this is still chugging away. I'm in Ireland so I doubt I'd be able to get my hands on the prototype economically.

With bills keeping things a little tight ATM I'm not promising I'll order one - but pictures of it always make spending easier (or not spending harder :blink: ). If a video of it, or pics of it being worn are available it'll help convince people to spring for the product.

I don't see why it couldn't visit Ireland.
It would depend on the former Basschatter being willing to spring for the postage, or ,maybe meet you halfway on cost.

I'll put you on the list, assuming something can be worked out to everyone's satisfaction.

1. Andydye
2. Walbassist
3. Ead
4. PlungerModerno

A few people have mentioned size.

The prototype ergonomic strap is adjustable between about 39" and 50" or so.

Of course, your actual strap, should you choose to order one, will be made to your exact measurements. But, because everyone's a different size and shape, the proto strap won't be exactly right.

However, it will give you a very good idea of whether the ergonomic strap is the thing for you.

Karl

This is sounding very interesting and I await the feedback. I use a 3 1/2 inch wide and padded strap, I suffer from quite severe Osteoporosis and need the weigh distributed over my shoulder. I play Fender Jazz Basses normally and on Occasion a Thunderbird all fitted with similar straps.

Watching and be happy to be added to the list.

Edited by dougieb

Right,

The proto strap goes out to Andydye tomorrow.
We're going to need everyone to have a good play with the strap and then get it on to the next guy on the list as quick as is reasonably possible, so no one has to wait too long.

I'll be looking for Vmaxblues to get the strap back to me at the end.
Feel free to PM me for my address at the time.

If anyone has any private comments or questions, I can be reached anytime by email: [b][email protected][/b]

Karl

[quote name='Karl Derrick' timestamp='1408998662' post='2535440']
The proto strap goes out to Andydye tomorrow.
We're going to need everyone to have a good play with the strap and then get it on to the next guy on the list as quick as is reasonably possible, so no one has to wait too long.
[/quote]

I'll let you know when it lands with me and will be able to use it at a practise this Friday evening and potentially (if it feels good) a gig on Sunday evening before posting it onwards next Monday :)

I'm going to need an address for you walbassist matey ;)

[quote name='Karl Derrick' timestamp='1409047305' post='2535699']
It went out today, first class signed for.
You should get it tomorrow.
[/quote]

The eagle has landed!

[url="https://www.flickr.com/photos/andy_dye/15028855806/"][/url]
[url="https://www.flickr.com/photos/andy_dye/15028855806/"]20140827_105924[/url]

First impressions are that it:
feels amazing, really supple leather and there's a lot of leather here!
looks amazing, superb stitching, cutting, trimming, finishing.
and smells awesome too! I love the smell of fresh leather in the mornings ;)

This is a serious quality strap! I'm really looking forward to trying it (I suspect my wife isn't though as they're not cheap but it looks freakin' awesome!)

Edited by andydye