Why become a member? ×

What gets you going?

Pixel Pirate

Noooo, not like that. I know what you were thinking :huh: .

Just finished listening to Rage Against The Machine - Battle For Los Angeles album, which I havent listened to in a long time, and it always gives me loads of energy. It makes me want get out and do something. Always great for that pre-gig warm up song :)

Soooo, what do you listen to that makes you feel...'up for it'?

[quote name='cheddatom' post='247574' date='Jul 25 2008, 09:55 AM']"Head Sty" by Martin Grech. I have never heard a riff as heavy as in this song. There's one section that brings tears to my eyes it's so heavy.[/quote]

He's amazing!

I still love Today Is The Day, from In The Eyes of God by Today Is The Day. Amazing song, I hate the rest of the album though, even Bran Dailor can't make me like it.

RATS! RATS! RATS! from the latest Deftones album kills me.

[quote name='lowhand_mike' post='247570' date='Jul 25 2008, 11:48 AM']faith no more, particularly king for a day fool for a life time, some cracking tracks on there.[/quote]

Dunno, if most of Faith's basslines are like that, but, check out their 'acoustic' song Easy. A bit of groovy bassline there!

Cheers, Mike
Faith.

Edited by Faithless

Before a gig I listen to either Lamb of God or At the Gates. Every time I hear one of them my eyes glow red!

Oh and big plus one to Foals' album - Hummer is an amazing tune, so that and Calvin Harris before a night out I think!

Edited by Welshbassist

"Floater" by Every Time I Die, gets me in the mood quite easily, as does "94 Hours" by As I Lay Dying............brooooooootoool.

But what gets me going groovewise:

Edited by Josh

[quote name='Josh' post='247915' date='Jul 25 2008, 04:06 PM']"Floater" by Every Time I Die, gets me in the mood quite easily, as does "94 Hours" by As I Lay Dying............brooooooootoool.

But what gets me going groovewise:

[/quote]

Dude, who are the vids of? Forgive my ignorance! Love the first one, really inspiring and humbling. EDIT : Dwayne (DW) Wright?

And I completely agree about Alien3, it's a great film. Deep treatise on social alienation, bit like Lord of the Flies for grown ups. It's a subtle file that took me three times of watching to get past my expectations of Aliens the sequel.

Edited by silddx