Why become a member? ×

Finally gone wireless! line 6 g30

0175westwood29

recently got my new line 6 wireless kit, and i have to say im impressed, very clear sound and no lag or interference, and even tho its the cheapest in the range it feels sturdy enough,

yeh there is a difference to using a cable (bar the obvious) there are a bit more highs in sound but my worry was a loss of low end or the low end going a bit muddy, neither happened so all in all very happy!

also the range they say is a very safe number also at my gig last night i ran around a bit! like you do when you first get wireless lol and i went behind walls etc so line of site isnt needed! and also at practice the other day i went probs about 60ft out of the practice room and it still worked.

for 149 quid its a bargin in my eyes!

andy

• 2 weeks later...

They are great. I've noticed that once the battery indicator drops to two green bars it seems to go to red very quickly so I put new batteries in for every gig so not to worry about keeping an eye on this. I've used mine regularly for 2-3 years and wouldn't have any hesitation in buying another if it packed in for any reason, especially at the price they are now. B)

Wahey! Welcome to the club. I love mine. So much nicer to not have to worry about a cable trailing behind me!!! Really helps when doing the soundcheck as well. The two guitarists in my band are also on wireless kits so buggering off into the crowd is fairly common.

I use these batteries, a pair of these AAs usually lasts me about 3 and a half gigs. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Duracell-Procell-Battery-Alkaline-MN1500/dp/B0036HZ50E

I use one of these to attach it to the strap, because the little metal clip broke off of mine. http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00074B67A

Also, the "Cable tone" function on the receiver is there to counter that extra high you're hearing, you could try playing with that and see if it makes a difference?

Does anyone know what the minimum power requirement for the G30 is? Online resource states that the supplied adaptor provides 9v Dc at 500ma but not what the minimum requirement is. I'm thinking of buying a power brick to power this and my effects to avoid the need for multiple adaptors but i can't find a definitive answer. i've registered on the Line6 forum and asked the same question but would like to know what anyone else uses.

[quote name='gazhowe' timestamp='1406915411' post='2515920']
Does anyone know what the minimum power requirement for the G30 is? Online resource states that the supplied adaptor provides 9v Dc at 500ma but not what the minimum requirement is. I'm thinking of buying a power brick to power this and my effects to avoid the need for multiple adaptors but i can't find a definitive answer. i've registered on the Line6 forum and asked the same question but would like to know what anyone else uses.
[/quote]

I had the same question when I bought my g30, all I could find out was that it needs at least 200mA, I use the Harley Benton junior supply with a current doubler cable and it works a treat, I've also got the palmer version of the same power supply and that works fine too. They are 120mA per output so I'm feeding the g30 with 240mA.

Matt

[quote name='Matt P' timestamp='1406919502' post='2515958']
I had the same question when I bought my g30, all I could find out was that it needs at least 200mA, I use the Harley Benton junior supply with a current doubler cable and it works a treat, I've also got the palmer version of the same power supply and that works fine too. They are 120mA per output so I'm feeding the g30 with 240mA.

Matt
[/quote]

Thanks for the info. Line6 advised via their support forum that the G30 requires a minimum of 200mA although they also said that they would recommend providing double to cater for any drop in supply. I've gone for the Cioks Adam supply that has a regulated and isolated 9v 250mA output. Hopefully will run the G30 okay without any signal drop. I'll advise if it doesn't.

[quote name='gazhowe' timestamp='1407077167' post='2517063']

Thanks for the info. Line6 advised via their support forum that the G30 requires a minimum of 200mA although they also said that they would recommend providing double to cater for any drop in supply. I've gone for the Cioks Adam supply that has a regulated and isolated 9v 250mA output. Hopefully will run the G30 okay without any signal drop. I'll advise if it doesn't.
[/quote]

I'd expect that 250mA should be fine, I've never had any issues with mine at 240mA.

• 3 weeks later...

I have had the G90 rack mount for a couple of years now - got it as we were playing big stages at Butlins (LOL) and they are fantastic.

I have tried several different makes but for Bass - nothing comes close. I also like the convenience of being able to switch guitars easily if you have two transmitters as you literally swap guitars and press one button on the rack mount and it switches over - and it's cool that each transmitter can have any name you want!

They are a reasonable amount of money - if you want the top end rack mount G90 but definitely a worthwhile investment.

• 11 months later...

I've headed back to wired! Even tho having the chord is a bit of a pain sometimes.

I had a gig where I had no need for the wireless, could of been me but there was a. It more top end and low end using the cable, my effects sounded better so I've stuck with being on a cable since, have thought of trying again at some point tho

[quote name='Jacqueslemac' timestamp='1439200375' post='2840669']
Bass hat strikes again! Having read this thread I've just ordered one.
[/quote]
You've ordered a Bass hat? Left or right handed...? ;)
Could be a cap-o, I guess :)

Edited by RandomBass