Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

BBC Live at Edinburgh Castle

wateroftyne

Ah, that was what the fireworks were! I'm less than a mile from the castle. My dog went nuts, tried to hide in the laundry pile and then ran round the house with a pair of my wife's pants round his neck barking frantically. From the sound of it this may have been more entertaining than the concert...

Edited by Beer of the Bass

[quote name='Beer of the Bass' timestamp='1405809047' post='2505523']...dog went nuts, tried to hide in the laundry pile and then ran round the house with a pair of my wife's pants round his neck barking frantically...
[/quote]

You sure it was the dog..?

At least the bass was nice and clear! Top chap Lee Pomeroy throughout by the look of things (although I only watched the first 40 mins or so). I wish he'd used his Rickenbacker for the Jessie J set, that would have been great!

Agreed though, most of the acts I saw were pretty horrendous. Just what is up with Paloma Faith's voice? Sounds like it's half full of cake.

I quite enjoyed some of it, without liking it if you know what I mean! Gary Barlow's band as the house band were superb
as usual, along with Steve Sidwell conducting the orchestra. Good variety of acts, although could have done without Il Divo &
Ronnie Corbett (WTF?). All played live to these ears too, unlike perhaps some other acts at ..errm... recent festival appearances.
And what about John Miles, still hitting all those notes in 'Music' aged 65- brilliant.

[quote name='casapete' timestamp='1405861377' post='2505883']...... could have done without Il Divo &
Ronnie Corbett (WTF?).[/quote]

Ronnie Corbett was probably a token gesture for the locals - he's a local lad done well for himself & there'd been complaints in the press about a lack of Scots acts celebrating a Scottish games. Last I heard he was poss living in or near Dunbar just along the coast - a mate of mine served him in a shop years ago and said he was a complete & utter