Why become a member? ×

Smelling farts is good for your health

Scooby

With a bass player's health of paramount importance, I thought you might like to read this study: http://theweek.com/speedreads/index/264585/speedreads-study-smelling-farts-is-good-for-your-health

As you can appreciate, being in close proximity to a drummer could now be a wise move... :D

[quote name='icastle' timestamp='1405161466' post='2499255']
The BC Management Team are considering using [b]'Basschat keeps you healthy'[/b] as a new strapline as a consequence of the number of silly old farts we have here. ;)
[/quote]

Bloody kids! :rolleyes:[size=4] [/size][size=4] Hey! Get off my lawn! :mellow:[/size]

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1405197307' post='2499669']
Fixed. I'm shocked at such bad grammar. <_<
[/quote]

No, Scooby is right. In that sentence, it's 'smelling' that is good for your health so 'is' is correct.
'Are' would be correct if you were to say 'Farts are good for your health'. :P[size=4] [/size]

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1405199929' post='2499702']
No, Scooby is right. In that sentence, it's 'smelling' that is good for your health so 'is' is correct.
'Are' would be correct if you were to say 'Farts are good for your health'. :P
[/quote]

[Robert Robinson]Ah, but what [i]kind [/i]of farts, sir..? Smelling ones, to be sure, so 'are' it is..! Foul or sweet, however, has not, I fear, been established. :happy: [/Robert Robinson]

Edited by Dad3353

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][pedantry][/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Could be, as in Sweet, smelly farts, or Sweet..! Smelly farts. Also could be Sweet-smelling farts. [/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][/pedantry] [/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Either way, this topic's a stinker. :mellow:[/font][/color]

Edited by Dad3353

I want more clarification as to exactly which kind of farts are supposed to be beneficial to good health. Mine, in my opinion, are probably in that group. Although I kmow a few drummers that might disagree, but that's another story. I've been sniffing farts for years and this hasn't caused any long term effects. But my lovely Rottweiler, Gracie, has the ability to produce smells capable of making your eyeballs melt. It's the sensory experience equivalent of being tazed. Thankfully it's mainly dried food with chicken in that does this to her, so she doesn't get that a lot. Those farts are definitely not good for your heath. Don't believe everything you read on the interweb.

[quote name='lukeward2004' timestamp='1405246935' post='2499987']
Does ones own brand count? Or must the fart originate from external sources?
I love my own, but I cant say the same for my mrs or my daughter :P
[/quote]

The family that farts together, smells together. :mellow:

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1405161160' post='2499251']
So all this time the current mrs discreet has been promoting my good health and I've thanked her by calling her a filthy cow.
Hardly seems fair in the light of this new information. :mellow:
[/quote]

Yet another example of the social progress made by women thanks to feminism. :mellow:

Some years ago whilst performing Patsy Gallant's From New York to LA, well I dropped my guts - really bad. The opening vocal line on the verse ended with an Ahhhhh. And as my bottom gas rolled of the stage like dry ice the people dancing below the 4" high stage all went Phwooor in time with the vocal Ahhhhh. Still brings tears to my eyes now :blush: