Why become a member? ×

Best Spectors?

jcrangle_1992

[quote name='thedonutman' post='260879' date='Aug 12 2008, 03:02 PM']I think you're supposed to get the bit of the Schaller locks that attach to the strap too. I got them. He did say that they didn't keep them on the basses because people steal them thoigh.

However, I don't think you get them on Rebops. I noticed that Cetera's Rebop 4 (when I was repacking it) that it just has ordinary strap buttons.

I want a LX4 or Rebop, but 2 Spectors within 2 weeks is a little excessive for me :huh:[/quote]

It's not excessive.... it's called Spector GAS and I'm its biggest victim! lol! Join me won't you?! :huh:

No Schaller pins on my ReBop?! :) Ah well, I'm sure at the price I paid for it my budget can stretch to a pack of new Schallers... :huh:

[quote name='Funkydunc' post='260012' date='Aug 11 2008, 02:54 PM']Couldnt resist, just bought an amberburst LX4 from Brum - think it was the last one.
Been deliberating since news of the deal came through, fortunately it coincided with a little windfall. Spare cash and fantastic deal doesnt happen often! Cant wait!
Dunc[/quote]

That was their last one I phoned them on Sunday and they had that, but decided against it as I don't like the colour.

[quote name='Mike Brooks' post='260882' date='Aug 12 2008, 03:04 PM']No it isn't, get yourself one because these offers won't be around much longer. Can't begin to say how happy I am with my purchase, having waited 18 years to resolve my Spector craving....should have dealt with it long ago. Silly boy!

Mike[/quote]

Better late than never Mike..... though I knew that night when you played a few of mine that it wouldn't be long... :)

[quote name='cetera' post='260884' date='Aug 12 2008, 03:05 PM']It's not excessive.... it's called Spector GAS and I'm its biggest victim! lol! Join me won't you?! :huh:

No Schaller pins on my ReBop?! :) Ah well, I'm sure at the price I paid for it my budget can stretch to a pack of new Schallers... :huh:[/quote]

It's got some big standard pins, they may the Schaller hardware but they don't look like the locks I've got on my Euro or my Fender.

Like the one in this picture:

If I can find a job, I will own at least one Spector LX4 in Natural, and possibly another LX5, I'd have to buy a guitar rack stand so all my basses and guitars fit against one wall. :huh:

Edited by thedonutman

[quote name='cetera' post='260886' date='Aug 12 2008, 03:06 PM']Better late than never Mike..... though I knew that night when you played a few of mine that it wouldn't be long... :)[/quote]

That's because I'd been a fan of the sound and look since that Hall & Oates gig in 1990. I just needed to try out the different variations and models to make my mind up, and frankly your collection beats any shop!

Now if a black, white, red, cherry sunburst or natural gloss finished US NS2 appears and I have the cash to dispose of, heaven help me, although this Euro 4 is seriously doing the business....my proverbial egg has been boiled!

Mike

[quote name='Mike Brooks' post='260870' date='Aug 12 2008, 02:53 PM']Does anyone know what's left out there in Reverb land? Pics of the new acquisition once some gold control knobs make their way through my letterbox later in the week.

She's a beauty!!!

Mike[/quote]
Does any one know if there are any fretlesses in the sale? Either a rebop or any of the spectorcores in Glasgow?
Dunc

I'm still 'coming down' from using my new Euro 6 on Sunday night's gig. I thought I'd be too gushing if I wrote anything sooner.

The EMGs and pre-amp, matched with this amazing creation of crafted wood, created a totally superb sound. I'd never gigged a six string before, but it was no problem. I used the low B much more than I thought I would and it made me wonder why I hadn't explored decent five-string basses before (I've played only four-string basses for the last 35 years).

I used the Shuttle 6.0 and the two 1x12" Bergantino's for the first time and they deserve full credit too. The amp tone controls were set on neutral and the cabs are so transparent, they push out exactly what is put through them. And despite playing with my loud band (Chainsaw), I hardly had to have any volume on. I don't usually get anyone comment after gigs to me, but after this gig I got two seperate guys come up to say how great the bass sounded.

Part of my Euphoria has to be caused by the clearance bargain price from Reverb of £499. Warwick, be very afraid!

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='260949' date='Aug 12 2008, 04:06 PM']Sounds wonderful - I'm pleased the cabs did the job for you :)[/quote]
Thanks Alan. You were right. That tweeter doesn't need fixing. The speakers reproduce very high frequencies very nicely on their own.

[quote name='Born 2B Mild' post='260936' date='Aug 12 2008, 04:00 PM']Part of my Euphoria has to be caused by the clearance bargain price from Reverb of £499. Warwick, be very afraid![/quote]

Ah, they sh*t themselves many years ago..... that's why many people only look for old Streamers.... :)

[quote name='dub_junkie' post='257286' date='Aug 7 2008, 03:10 PM']Bristol have sold the USA NS5. bugger! :)[/quote]

Gotta come clean - I was that masked man - it's a NS5 XL in Quilted Maple and looks stunning.
Apologies Dubs for beating you to it...

Came with full strap locks, that must be the difference between the Euro and the NS - a small price to pay me thinks :huh:

Thanks to TheDontCareBear and Cetera for the heads up via this thread...

Will get some pics up soon....

P

[quote name='Platypus' post='261181' date='Aug 12 2008, 09:29 PM']Gotta come clean - I was that masked man - it's a NS5 XL in Quilted Maple and looks stunning.
Apologies Dubs for beating you to it...

Came with full strap locks, that must be the difference between the Euro and the NS - a small price to pay me thinks :)

Thanks to TheDontCareBear and Cetera for the heads up via this thread...

Will get some pics up soon....

P[/quote]

no worries though I swear I had my card out last thursday afternoon for it. I thought what the hell,its only a grand :huh:

good score Platypus, it must be inspiring to own and play!

I'm still lovin my Euro 5's in the meantime

btw for anyone who's interested, I'm pretty sure that Paul Roden at Glasgow in the bass dept,has an amber Euro LX4 which he had tucked away (possibly for himself and offered to me) Its a lovely bass and I had a play on it in the store last week when it was brought out of hiding. If anyone is persistent enough and it hasnt gone back on the wall and sold then I'm sure they could snag it. Paul is off this week but Danny or David Scott should be able to help out. Tell them Keir told you it exists in the back room. it may be the last one at £499 across all the stores

• 2 weeks later...

dilemma no. 2:

I've managed to track down some more "Reverb" Spectors, a few LX4s and a few Rebops. To further compound this, I've also come into possession of a rather large amount of money, basically exactly enough for a LX4.

must......resist........ :)

Edited by thedonutman

[quote name='dub_junkie' post='268084' date='Aug 22 2008, 08:05 PM']are any of the Rebops 5 strings?[/quote]

Yes, it's at the Birmingham one. (I think) I can't quite remember actually, but I know the two Euro LX4s are at Preston.

Edited by thedonutman

sorry, slightly OT:
I just realized how many Spector models are out there right now (yes, I´m a disinformed old fart). Could someone enlighten me where they all do differ? I have an older one from end 80s or early 90s, serial # is 1289. What are these called? NS4 or did they have a different name?
Here´s a picture:
[attachment=12637:000_0210.JPG]

[quote name='jensenmann' post='269599' date='Aug 25 2008, 04:55 PM']sorry, slightly OT:
I just realized how many Spector models are out there right now (yes, I´m a disinformed old fart). Could someone enlighten me where they all do differ? I have an older one from end 80s or early 90s, serial # is 1289. What are these called? NS4 or did they have a different name?
Here´s a picture:
[attachment=12637:000_0210.JPG][/quote]

That is a Kramer era Spector NS2. A VERY nice bass you have there....

Let me know if you ever wish to part with it! :)

• 2 weeks later...

After a couple of rehearsals and a gig last night have to say what a phenomenal bass my new LX4 is. Exceded my expectations by miles! It hangs well (ooer missus!) and the sound is fantastic! Sorry its all subjective but I was totally blown away at how good it is. This was backed up by many compliments on the sound from the audience. If any one tells me there is a similiar deal on a fretless it will be hard not to get the plastic out!
D

Does anyone know how loud the Spectorcore is unplugged?

I'm looking for a fretless I can practice with unplugged, or carry places with me, it dosn't have to be loud really, just enough so I can hear myself clearly when I'm on my own. The lightness is a bonus, and I do like HZ's, last but not least, it is a real looker.

• 5 weeks later...