Why become a member? ×

Best Spectors?

jcrangle_1992

[quote name='Josh' post='346619' date='Dec 5 2008, 04:42 PM']Ahhh I'm not in the que for courting Sarah5string :huh:.

It's a lwed refernce to one of your many "children" though.[/quote]

I'd watch it Josh... children have a habit of growing up and leaving home. :huh:

As it happens I've sourced a couple likely candidates but unfortunately the bass that is the right colour is the wrong price and the bass that is the right price is the wrong colour... :)

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='346640' date='Dec 5 2008, 04:59 PM']I'd watch it Josh... children have a habit of growing up and leaving home. :huh:

As it happens I've sourced a couple likely candidates but unfortunately the bass that is the right colour is the wrong price and the bass that is the right price is the wrong colour... :)[/quote]

Face it, you want mine badly don't you John?

[quote name='Sean' post='348868' date='Dec 8 2008, 05:44 PM']Apparently Spector are no longer being distributed in the UK. Reverb have a few Euros left at a reasonable price but nothing like what what was being offered in the summer.[/quote]
I think they're with Aribter unless something's changed.

[quote name='noisedude' post='348875' date='Dec 8 2008, 05:54 PM']It hasn't :)

[url="http://www.arbiter.co.uk/spectorbass/index.htm"]http://www.arbiter.co.uk/spectorbass/index.htm[/url][/quote]

I was told that they have stopped by a Reverb store this afternoon. No details given just that they don't expect the situation to last long once people start shouting.

[quote name='Sean' post='348880' date='Dec 8 2008, 06:00 PM']I was told that they have stopped by a Reverb store this afternoon. No details given just that they don't expect the situation to last long once people start shouting.[/quote]
Fair enough. That's weird because Reverb are Arbiter, so they were already giving themselves preferential prices on Spector.

There's no announcement been made to the trade press, which is usually where this sort of rumour ends up first.

[quote name='noisedude' post='348886' date='Dec 8 2008, 06:08 PM']Fair enough. That's weird because Reverb are Arbiter, so they were already giving themselves preferential prices on Spector.

There's no announcement been made to the trade press, which is usually where this sort of rumour ends up first.[/quote]

Interesting. Maybe it's BS to try and and shift some stock by creating some panic buying. No chance of that from me at the moment. Other (less interesting) fish to fry.

[quote name='noisedude' post='348886' date='Dec 8 2008, 06:08 PM']Fair enough. That's weird because Reverb are Arbiter, so they were already giving themselves preferential prices on Spector.

There's no announcement been made to the trade press, which is usually where this sort of rumour ends up first.[/quote]

[quote name='Sean' post='348893' date='Dec 8 2008, 06:13 PM']Interesting. Maybe it's BS to try and and shift some stock by creating some panic buying. No chance of that from me at the moment. Other (less interesting) fish to fry.[/quote]

Oddly enough I 'am' in the market for a Spector and I've heard of a couple of ex-Soundcontrol/REVERB Spectors available but none in a finish that makes me want to part with my money. I have been communicating with Darren at the Bass Merchant re. an amber model that he has in but the thought of further clear outs/price cuts on Spector basses (added to the couple of very cheap ex SC basses and the perceived second hand value of the Spectors after the last sell off) means that I'm not prepared to throw anywhere near retail price money at a 'new' model!

So if anyone sees a purdy amber/orange number let me know and there'll be a nice Christmas bonus in it for ya! :)

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='348901' date='Dec 8 2008, 06:22 PM']Oddly enough I 'am' in the market for a Spector and I've heard of a couple of ex-Soundcontrol/REVERB Spectors available but none in a finish that makes me want to part with my money. I have been communicating with Darren at the Bass Merchant re. an amber model that he has in but the thought of further clear outs/price cuts on Spector basses (added to the couple of very cheap ex SC basses and the perceived second hand value of the Spectors after the last sell off) means that I'm not prepared to throw anywhere near retail price money at a 'new' model!

So if anyone sees a purdy amber/orange number let me know and there'll be a nice Christmas bonus in it for ya! :)[/quote]

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Spector-Legend-5-string-Bass-Guitar_W0QQitemZ260313836721QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV?hash=item260313836721&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A16%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318"]This any good?[/url]

[quote name='Born 2B Mild' post='349334' date='Dec 9 2008, 08:04 AM'][url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Spector-Legend-5-string-Bass-Guitar_W0QQitemZ260313836721QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV?hash=item260313836721&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A16%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318"]This any good?[/url][/quote]

Cheers mate. Nice looker but I'm strictly a 4 string and I'm after NT basses rather than BO. Thanks for taking the time though. :)

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='349344' date='Dec 9 2008, 08:25 AM']Cheers mate. Nice looker but I'm strictly a 4 string and I'm after NT basses rather than BO. Thanks for taking the time though. :)[/quote]
[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Spector-Euro-4-LX-Amber_W0QQitemZ320321124129QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV?hash=item320321124129&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A16%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318"]I expect you have seen this one then[/url]

[quote name='Sean' post='348880' date='Dec 8 2008, 06:00 PM']I was told that they have stopped by a Reverb store this afternoon. No details given just that they don't expect the situation to last long once people start shouting.[/quote]

Hmmm... news to me... I'll check into it...

[quote name='cetera' post='349491' date='Dec 9 2008, 11:03 AM']Hmmm... news to me... I'll check into it...[/quote]

This is what my emailsaid...

[quote]We have a few Spector Euros left but are running pretty thin on the ground. Spector have stopped distributing in the UK so we won't be getting anymore anytime soon. To find the latest colours and prices please call our sales hotline on 0870 067 1234.[/quote]

[quote name='Born 2B Mild' post='349404' date='Dec 9 2008, 09:36 AM'][url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Spector-Euro-4-LX-Amber_W0QQitemZ320321124129QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV?hash=item320321124129&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A16%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318"]I expect you have seen this one then[/url][/quote]

I have indeed and I've spoken to Darren @ The Bass Merchant about it but it isn't ex-SC/Reverb stock so prices aren't what they were a short while back.

Hmmm.... I wonder if Arbiter will do a 'silly sale' on the Spectors they have left? Not that I need any more you understand.... :huh: :huh: :)

Another interesting development is that Amazon are now officially selling Spectors.... see here:

[url="http://www.amazon.com/s/qid=1228840367/ref=sr_nr_i_0?ie=UTF8&rs=&keywords=spector&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Aspector%2Ci%3Ami"]Amazon Spectors[/url]

[quote name='cetera' post='349875' date='Dec 9 2008, 04:34 PM']Hmmm.... I wonder if Arbiter will do a 'silly sale' on the Spectors they have left? Not that I need any more you understand.... :huh: :huh: :)

Another interesting development is that Amazon are now officially selling Spectors.... see here:

[url="http://www.amazon.com/s/qid=1228840367/ref=sr_nr_i_0?ie=UTF8&rs=&keywords=spector&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Aspector%2Ci%3Ami"]Amazon Spectors[/url][/quote]

Wow, can't believe this! Strikes me as very disturbing and slightly brilliant at the same time! Do you think they'll do an 'amazon recommends' thing with basses too? I.e. customers who bought a warwick thumb also bought a euro? :huh:

Seriously though, there is only [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=24492"]one[/url] spector sale going on worth looking at, and since I seem to have become the sole UK distributor of spectors in the UK drop me a PM!

[quote name='Mike Brooks' post='350102' date='Dec 9 2008, 07:19 PM']Is it me or does it seem that those of us that managed to get basses through Reverb in August got bloody great deals! The more I hear and read, the better it seems!

Mike[/quote]

+1

I was in Reverb in Leicester at the weekend, saw a Euro 5LX for £1599. It made me feel good inside knowing I got one for a third of that :)