Why become a member? ×

Best Spectors?

jcrangle_1992

[quote name='cetera' post='256799' date='Aug 6 2008, 11:15 PM']If anyone's on a retainer on this site for promoting spector it should bloody well be me!! lol! :) :huh:[/quote]
All donations gratefully accepted! :huh:

[quote name='Mike Brooks' post='257219' date='Aug 7 2008, 02:11 PM']Blimey, they should give them away. Well done on an excellent catch![/quote]
+1
Wow a 6! Thats the only one I've seen for sale so far anywhere! Superb catch! I might have beaten you to it, had I known. :huh: All these cheap Spectors are driving me nuts.

In all this scouring or Reverb stock lists, has anyone uncovered a Mesa Walkabout Scout combo ? I ask because Sound Control used to sell them - in fact I have once seen them in Sound Control London for £799 during a sale

Cheers

P

Suggestions are welcomed for where I can source some gold knobs to replace the black volume/tone ones on this Euro 6. Presumably they simply pull off, as I can't see a screw.

PS They still have two Euro 4's left at £400 each ...one black cherry and one natural maple

[quote name='Born 2B Mild' post='257249' date='Aug 7 2008, 02:42 PM']Suggestions are welcomed for where I can source some gold knobs to replace the black volume/tone ones on this Euro 6. Presumably they simply pull off, as I can't see a screw.

PS They still have two Euro 4's left at £400 each ...one black cherry and one natural maple[/quote]

£400? That's even cheaper! Wish I had cash for the natural one.

[quote name='Born 2B Mild' post='257249' date='Aug 7 2008, 02:42 PM']Suggestions are welcomed for where I can source some gold knobs to replace the black volume/tone ones on this Euro 6. Presumably they simply pull off, as I can't see a screw.

PS They still have two Euro 4's left at £400 each ...one black cherry and one natural maple[/quote]

Hello mate - loving the spalted 6. I'd try Axesrus for your knobs - reasonable selection methinks. Hope the Bergies are serving their purpose.

Alan

£400...is that right...or did you mean £499? At £400 its almost worth buying another...........

[quote name='Mike Brooks' post='257293' date='Aug 7 2008, 03:16 PM']£400...is that right...or did you mean £499? At £400 its almost worth buying another...........[/quote]
Ooops - correction. They are at £499, I read the SAVE price. Sorry. Here's the link to 12 pages of clearance stock... [url="http://www.reverb-store.co.uk/landingimages/reverb.pdf"]http://www.reverb-store.co.uk/landingimages/reverb.pdf[/url]

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='257287' date='Aug 7 2008, 03:11 PM']Hello mate - loving the spalted 6. I'd try Axesrus for your knobs - reasonable selection methinks. Hope the Bergies are serving their purpose.

Alan[/quote]
H Alan,
The Bergo's are being tried out for the first time in anger this Sunday (Chainsaw @ The Roman Bath, York). Sound great at home with the Shuttle! Now that our Tom is awake (works night shift) I'm going to plug in the Spector and get a sonic fix. :brow:

[quote name='thedontcarebear' post='257569' date='Aug 7 2008, 08:44 PM']Birmingham sent me a list earlier too and they had loads left, have you e-mailed them all?[/quote]
Of fives? No, I was going on what I could glean from other people. I'll crack on again in the morning. Cheers dude.

I think you're supposed to get the bit of the Schaller locks that attach to the strap too. I got them. He did say that they didn't keep them on the basses because people steal them thoigh.

However, I don't think you get them on Rebops. I noticed that Cetera's Rebop 4 (when I was repacking it) that it just has ordinary strap buttons.

I want a LX4 or Rebop, but 2 Spectors within 2 weeks is a little excessive for me :)

Edited by thedonutman

[quote name='thedonutman' post='260879' date='Aug 12 2008, 03:02 PM']I think you're supposed to get the bit of the Schaller locks that attach to the strap too. I got them. But that was after trying to convince the guy to throw in some free stuff. He did say that they didn't keep them on the basses because people steal them.

However, I don't think you get them on Rebops. I noticed that Cetera's Rebop 4 (when I was repacking it) that it just has ordinary strap buttons.

I want a LX4 or Rebop, but 2 Spectors within 2 weeks is a little excessive for me :)[/quote]

No it isn't, get yourself one because these offers won't be around much longer. Can't begin to say how happy I am with my purchase, having waited 18 years to resolve my Spector craving....should have dealt with it long ago. Silly boy!

Mike