Why become a member? ×

Best Spectors?

jcrangle_1992

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='253442' date='Aug 2 2008, 06:44 PM']Where where where??????[/quote]

My local Reverb (aka Sound Control) has a Euro 5 and three Euro 4s, all for £499 each. Apparently a lot of the stock got bought very cheaply during the takeover, so they can sell it for very cheap. Too bad there is no way I can justify spending that much money on a bass right now, even if a Spector Euro 5 string is one of my dream basses.

Edited by thedonutman

Like a complete arse - I drove to Sheffield this morning...only 90 miles and ..."they're bound to be open"....ahem, got their at eleven after making several calls en route to see if they were open and...they were closed. Silly me.

So I rang the branch in Brum to ask if all branches were open on Sundays and he said no so I told him my plight and he said ..."oh yeh, we've got 3 Euro 5LXs - any colour you like so long as it's black cherry". Guess which colour I ordered? :)

Nearly got back late for this afternnon's gig -M62 closed at Manchester - horrific accident.

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='253907' date='Aug 3 2008, 08:24 PM']Like a complete arse - I drove to Sheffield this morning...only 90 miles and ..."they're bound to be open"....ahem, got their at eleven after making several calls en route to see if they were open and...they were closed. Silly me.

So I rang the branch in Brum to ask if all branches were open on Sundays and he said no so I told him my plight and he said ..."oh yeh, we've got 3 Euro 5LXs - any colour you like so long as it's black cherry". Guess which colour I ordered? :huh:

Nearly got back late for this afternnon's gig -M62 closed at Manchester - horrific accident.[/quote]

Ah, well I called them about 20 times today, about three times every hour to find out when they open :). I think I'm gonna go in first thing tomorrow morning, since I'm pretty close to it. Are those black cherry ones all in that one store? The one in Sheffield was/is amberburst.

[quote name='thedonutman' post='253919' date='Aug 3 2008, 08:55 PM']Ah, well I called them about 20 times today, about three times every hour to find out when they open :). I think I'm gonna go in first thing tomorrow morning, since I'm pretty close to it. Are those black cherry ones all in that one store? The one in Sheffield was/is amberburst.[/quote]

They may have had other colours in 4s in Birmingham but just had black cherry with 5 strings. I'm half tempted to buy another. £500? I can't believe it, I've had a 'wanted' post on here for an LX5 for a while now and would have paid up to £800 for one too.

I just hope it arrives in one piece.

I just picked up my amberburst LX5 this morning. Even waited outside from 9:30 to be the first one in the shop, incase somebody else bought it.Now, What if I managed to sell this for a profit and buy another one :)

Edited by thedonutman

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='254666' date='Aug 4 2008, 04:55 PM']Nice one thedonutman - pleased with it? As a matter of interest, what else did they have in stock?[/quote]

They had a few rebops at £299, and two Euro 4s. One in that natural oil colour and one in a red colour. I think considering how I spent the last 48 hours being paranoid about it being sold to someone else, I should be pretty pleased :)

Edited by thedonutman

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='254112' date='Aug 4 2008, 09:07 AM']£500? I can't believe it, I've had a 'wanted' post on here for an LX5 for a while now and would have paid up to £800 for one too.[/quote]

probably fate then that i didnt offer you your old one back

[quote name='thedonutman' post='254792' date='Aug 4 2008, 07:21 PM']They had a few rebops at £299, and two Euro 4s. One in that natural oil colour and one in a red colour. I think considering how I spent the last 48 hours being paranoid about it being sold to someone else, I should be pretty pleased :)[/quote]

Oooo.... may have to get me a ReBop, haven't got one of them.... what did they have colour-wise (and at which shop was this)?

[quote name='cetera' post='255187' date='Aug 5 2008, 10:48 AM']Oooo.... may have to get me a ReBop, haven't got one of them.... what did they have colour-wise (and at which shop was this)?[/quote]
Birmingham Reverb have got an an Amber Rebop at this moment in time.

[quote name='cetera' post='255533' date='Aug 5 2008, 04:27 PM']Hmmmm.... I fancy zebrano, black, red or black cherry....[/quote]

I was at the Sheffield one, I think there was a dark red/cherry Rebop and a few in other colours. The red one might have been sold though, I saw a guy trying that Rebop when I was leaving with my bass.

Edited by thedonutman

Just secured me a ReBop4DLXFM in Black Cherry for £299 from the Sheffield store!! Woohoo!!!

For those who are interested, here is a rundown of what clearance Spectors are left (and where) as of midday today:

[u]Sheffield:[/u]
1 Euro ReBop4 DLXFM in Black Cherry (£299)
1 EuroLX4 in Amber (£499)
1 EuroLX4 in Natural (£499)
1 EuroLX4 in Black Cherry *[b]SOLD[/b] to Tracer*

[u]Bristol:[/u]
1 US NS5 in Spalted Maple (£999) This is a STEAL for a US Spector!!
1 EuroLX4 in Dark Blue *[b]SOLD[/b] to Mike Brooks*
1 Euro ReBop4 DLXFM in Black Cherry (left handed) £299

[u]Birmingham:[/u]
1 US NS5JX in Redwood Burl (£799) This is another STEAL!!!
1 US NS4 in Natural *Now [b]SOLD[/b]*
1 ReBop5 DLXFM in Amber (£299)

Get shopping quickly chaps!!

Edited by cetera

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='256221' date='Aug 6 2008, 01:02 PM']Just arrived - coupla tiny dings on the back but apart from that , all is tickety-boo. It's not the colour I would have chosen but I'm quite please with it all the same. Pics....er hastily taken by the way

and with it's brother...

[/quote]

Beautiful purchase!! Congrats! And it goes lovely with your bedspread....! :huh: :)

Edited by cetera

I'm aware of these deals Gary, strange how the NS4 at Brum was £2700, I went there when they were doing the final SC deals when it was £1200, no, won't sell it to you for less than £2k, okay, call me if the price goes down, now its £1k and I haven't had a call, you would think shops would want to sell you gear!!!

PM'd you with my number.

Mike