Why become a member? ×

The Winery Dogs - Gear Run Through

madshadows

This is a great watch, the first 12 minutes or so are Billy Sheehan explaining his bass gear set-up :)

[url="http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/video-the-winery-dogs-walk-through-their-live-gear-599441"]http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/video-the-winery-dogs-walk-through-their-live-gear-599441 [/url]

John

I always like listening to Billy Sheehan talk about his gear, equipment and general philosophy. I don't always agree with everything he says but he has clearly thought about every aspect of his set up and gear. The fact that he is willing to go into such detail as well always make him a good interview.

Also, a lot of stuff seemed to be 'rock solid' in that video.

[quote name='thodrik' timestamp='1399498480' post='2444907'] I always like listening to Billy Sheehan talk about his gear, equipment and general philosophy. I don't always agree with everything he says but he has clearly thought about every aspect of his set up and gear. The fact that he is willing to go into such detail as well always make him a good interview. Also, a lot of stuff seemed to be 'rock solid' in that video. [/quote]

Totally agree with that.

[quote name='thodrik' timestamp='1399498480' post='2444907']
I always like listening to Billy Sheehan talk about his gear, equipment and general philosophy. I don't always agree with everything he says but he has clearly thought about every aspect of his set up and gear. The fact that he is willing to go into such detail as well always make him a good interview.

Also, a lot of stuff seemed to be 'rock solid' in that video.
[/quote]

+1. You won't find many pros so willing to give away the details of their rigs. The fact he's interested in the finer workings of his gear is refreshing from a gear-head's perspective too!

And if I gigged as much as Billy Sheehan I'd want to make sure my gear was rock solid too!

Anybody else get the impression Mr Kotzen is trying a little too hard to sound like Chris Cornell, or is it just me?

Edited by Bigwan

Would have tried to see them in Wolverhampton but I'll be preparing for a lakes trip that week. I wasn't aware of Sheehan's link to the McMillan 12-step development, interesting. Still haven't got round to buying one.