Why become a member? ×

Choppy square wave tremolo recommendations

linear

Does anyone have any suggestions for a tremolo pedal where you can get a really strong square wave oscillation? Ideally analogue and true bypass. I've been using a Mooer Trelicopter, but even with the bias knob set all the way up it remains steadfastly musical sounding (presumably because it's an optical trem?)

Edited by linear

The old Nobels TRX trem has pretty much that 'machine' sound when set to square wave modern.

By an eerie coincidence, I sold mine to Thunderbird who (due to pedalboard square footage issues) is now moving it on [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/234854-nobel-trx-tremelo-pedal-boxed-l25-posted/"]here[/url] in Effects For Sale. :)

Edited by skankdelvar

The original Boss PN-2 is a favourite, but also check out the Zvex Sonor and the Idiotbox Mad Doctor stutter.
I had the Mad Doctor for a couple of days (it was wrongly sent to me instead of another pedal from a shop), and whilst I had it I had a great time with it, great pedal.

Si