Why become a member? ×

iOS for the gigging Bassist

tayste_2000

interesting,

I've not upgraded to iOS8 yet, I'm waiting a bit longer until things settle down, and I had heard audiobus was having issues with iOS8 initially.
I'll try and do a definitive test today and report back, watch this space ......

Edited by steve

obviously this isn't a band situation, but I looks like it will work

audiobus setup - using auria on the right so I can verify the mastering channel is being processed by Final Touch
[attachment=173252:photo.JPG]

Final Touch mastering app in audiobus mode
[attachment=173253:photo 1.JPG]

Auria showing two different tracks (recorded simultaneously)
[attachment=173250:photo 2.JPG]

It's worth noting that the mastered track is at a much lower output level, adding another app to boost that instead of Auria may satisfactorily compensate (as might boosting the output from within Auria)

I'm using a 32GB ipad Air and line6 sonicport. I had to change the latency settings but once done, couldn't here any latency introduced

hope that helps :)

• 3 weeks later...

So I spent yesterday with a Reddi trying to dial in the same tone in Jamup :D successfully (well as near as dammit)

I'll get it shared and you guys can try it, remember is it mean't as a clean DI tone

Also Steve if you press the lock and home button at the same time it'll screen shot your ipad's screen

This looks interesting

http://discchord.com/blog/2014/10/28/mimix-audiobus-mixer-released.html

I use Auria for that but I worry that Auria is pretty processor intensive and there are a hell of a lot of controls on it.

The midi implementation looks cool too, I'll let you know if I get it and how I get on

[quote name='tayste_2000' timestamp='1414582092' post='2590875']
This looks interesting

[url="http://discchord.com/blog/2014/10/28/mimix-audiobus-mixer-released.html"]http://discchord.com...r-released.html[/url]

I use Auria for that but I worry that Auria is pretty processor intensive and there are a hell of a lot of controls on it.

The midi implementation looks cool too, I'll let you know if I get it and how I get on
[/quote]

That looks like really useful app, I'll be having a try of it soon myself

I'm after a spare lightning adaptor for my line 6 Sonicport, and realised that in the box you get both a 30 pin adaptor and a lightning adaptor...

Would anyone who uses their sonicport with an older iPad or iPhone like to do a swap so that they have a spare as well?

Swap my extra 30 pin adaptor for your extra lightning adaptor?

Cheers!

Edited by Wooks79

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1415866229' post='2604530']
Finally some good news for Android, hope to see more support in future!

[url="http://liliputing.com/2014/11/now-samsung-phones-can-act-like-guitar-effects-pedals.html"]http://liliputing.co...cts-pedals.html[/url]
[/quote]

Yeah, I've been waiting for this forever, it will be interesting to see what the latency figures are like when some hands-on test reports appear.

Relatedly, anyone got any reports of how the ipad air2 works out latency wise?

• 3 weeks later...

Guys - i've a question re the blueboard.
I'm using jamup pro (only) and have some amazing tones. Only thing annoying me is the lack of ability to hit the tuner from the blueboard. I realise i could set to CC mode and that works but i change patch to change multiple fx/change amps opposed to individual pedals.

Blueboard able to set footswitch A to CC but keep BCD as the patches?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

[quote name='tayste_2000' timestamp='1422229977' post='2670226']
I'd suggest reading pt-1 of the blog, but basically jamup and an interface I like the line 6 sonic port
[/quote]

That's pretty much the way it goes yup! :) Can't believe it has become so easy to be truly mobile in our bass rigs! It'll just keep getting better too for sure.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Interested in the above as I don't like doing gigs on something with no spare cable!

Here's an interesting development for those who use Jamup to record into DAWS like Logic and Cubase etc.
[url="http://www.musicappblog.com/audiomux-review/"]http://www.musicappb...udiomux-review/[/url]
This will allow you to send Stereo Audio between your mac and your Ipad, via the Lightning to usb cable.
Great for amping bass tracks by using Jamup or Bias and routing straight into a track on Logic etc via audiobus.
It can't do FX loop send and return yet,for re amping and integrating reberbs etc in real time but that looks like the next upgrade along with multiple audio outs...

There is a sister app for Midi so you can send midi from Logic to a synth app on your ipad, and send the audio back to Logic for recording.
The two apps bundled are £7.99. Bargain.
Pretty exciting stuff.

Edited by Monckyman

Why,yes Monckyman there are several extensions available on Amazon ranging from 60cm to 200cm.
Bought a 60cm one which is enough to get the Sonic port on a pedal board with my tuner and D.I whilst keeping the pad at a decent height on my mic stand. It was just too short before.
On another tip, One of the bands I play for has the luxury of a FOH engineer and I have been conferring with him over the last few gigs to get my FOH tone just right.
He initially thought the jamup pro presets I had were a little sharp on the high end, so after a little tweaking he has now pronounced himself satisfied.
Sounds fine to me in my ears also,and I use no backline at all.
So, going of Tayste's tip I have copied that amp across to 4 presets labelled 1-4 and will set up 4 Fx paths that I use In the show.
This way when I change preset I will keep the amp and gain and output, and just swap out chorus and reverbs and filters etc to suit the song.
I'll check with FOH that nothing I use changes the output level too much but he'll compress at the desk anyway.
I'm ok for now switching patches by hand between songs, but will add a pedal controller soon for toggling stuff like Octavers and drives in and out.
Def beats carrying an amp about!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

has anyone found a UK supplier of replacement cables for the Line 6 Sonic Port yet ? The lightning version is part number 21-34-0240 but apart from Full Compass in the USA i can't find anywhere in the UK that sells them. I always like to have spare cables at gigs and although the one I have seems fine, i'd rather carry a spare

as an alternative, can anyone suggest a good IOS interface that has a line out without loads of flying leads (like some of the apogee models) and will connect to my new shiny iPad Air 2 ?. I used the old 30 pin CCK on my iPad 2 but don't know if there is a comparable version for the Air 2

• 1 month later...