Why become a member? ×

Tone Hammer 500 ?

leroydiamond

Think one of these three - the one the Chris recently bought, was owned by me for a short while.
I already had a preamp/poweramp on order (and paid for) that was taking a while to arrive. I saw the TH on here at a good price and bought it as a stop gap. As luck would have it the ordered kit arrived very soon after that and that was why I moved on the Aggie.
Would have been more that happy to just be using the Tonehammer, tbh - excellent amps.

My TH500 is up for sale for the sole reason that I am mainly gigging double bass these days and couldn't really get my sound with it. If I had more bass guitar gigs I would be using the TH500 all the time 'cos it sounds fantastic in that context. I wish I could afford to keep it hanging around in case the situation changes. I am now using an ATS 500 which is completely transparent soundwise, and I would probably add a TH pedal if guitar gigs picked up.

[quote name='nash' timestamp='1393874618' post='2385396']
I definitely going to save my pennies for one. Great as a backup amp on tour and general jamming use off tour.
[/quote]

They are great little amps...mine has replaced a much bigger amp. Pair it with a good cab and the tone and power of TH500 is amazing!

Edited by PauBass

Mine along with my DB112's went up for sale as they didn't suit my warwick Thumb, to me at least anyway. The Aguilar gear sounded great with my P and J basses but I tend to gig my Warwick more than the both of the P and J together.
B)

Hi Chris,
To be honest I wish that could have been an option but financally alas.
I tried the AE112's and there was the tone I wanted for the Warwick right there, even to the point of me having a cash bet with the Mrs that I won't be buying any more cabs for the next 6 months...........unless it's another AE112 or 210 :ph34r:
The SVT 7pro and the Bergs make for a nice combo, equally as nice as the Aguilar imo if slightly different. I tried the cabs with my Jazz and both P Basses and the Ampeg / Berg set up has got me covered.
B)

Just thought I'd report my TH500 arrived, and it's brilliant!
Fender Precision with TI flats into the TH500 into an Aguilar GS112.
I play with knobs full up on the bass, treble off on the amp, slight mid cut, sounds great and exactly what I'm after.
Nice blue led's and a mute switch too, what more could you want! :)

[quote name='chris_b' timestamp='1394324336' post='2390401']
Another GS112. Then you'll sound even better.
[/quote]

Yes, big difference 2 of those compared to 1. You can get away with using 1, but you won't believe the difference till you hear it for yourself.

[quote name='Highfox' timestamp='1394342982' post='2390449']
Yes, big difference 2 of those compared to 1. You can get away with using 1, but you won't believe the difference till you hear it for yourself.
[/quote]

I had two, just sold one!
I wanted a smaller setup.
I don't want to start gassing after another one so I'm off to have a cup of tea and forget I even read this thread :)

Edited by tedmanzie