Why become a member? ×

Sold - 1971 Fender Precision - Sold
£1500

skankdelvar

[size=3]More pix here: [url="http://s593.photobucket.com/user/skankdelvar/library/pbass"]http://s593.photobuc...r/library/pbass[/url][/size]

[b]Price[/b][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]: £1500 cash on collection or (subject to agreement) will meet or will deliver within 100 miles of BA15 free of charge[/font][/color]

3 Tone Sunburst 1971 P Bass in good "player's" condition bought in 1987 from the second owner. Original finish was already well dinged in places. I've looked after it with care since then. Dated 5th Jan 1971 on neck heel; the neckplate serial number supports this as does the 'Chambers' stamp in the neck pocket.

It's a great player, easy action and a featherlight 8.1 lbs. Comfy B-width neck (narrower than a normal P but wider than a Jazz). Sporting its original finish, pick-ups and metal hardware this bass has a nice warm sound with lots of character.

It has been subject to minor modifications over the years - a new pot, a brass nut and a new truss rod adjuster nut. The control cavity has been slightly enlarged at the vol pot end, presumably to accommodate a non-standard sized pot.

The scratchplate is aftermarket via the BassDoc, the original BWB having been cut down then lost by the previous owner. I swapped the extended G string bridge screw over to the D string bridge but this is easily reversible.

In terms of cosmetics, the body and neck are well dinged with some buckle rash on the rear. The fingerboard bears two small spots of dark brown filler, approx 5mm x 5mm. One of the pickup height adjuster screws has stripped.

The output from the pick-ups is a little on the low side to my ear but entirely usable. The tone pot knob shaft rotates slightly off centre and there is a similar tiny offset in the angle of the D string tuner shaft.

Currently strung with 40's and almost flat relief. Includes non-original generic hard-case.

Please PM me if you have any questions. :)

[b]Price[/b][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]: £1500 cash on collection or (subject to agreement) will meet or will deliver within 100 miles of BA15 free of charge. [/font][/color]Sorry - No Trades.

28 pix here: [url="http://s593.photobucket.com/user/skankdelvar/library/pbass"]http://s593.photobuc...r/library/pbass[/url] Edited by skankdelvar

[quote name='Billy Apple' timestamp='1392153956' post='2365484']
Nice bit of wood there. I have to ask, you're not going to pass this on and regret it?
[/quote]

Possibly, me old fruit. But the life de-clutter demands action. If it doesn't hurt, it's not working.

Wait till you see the rest of the stuff that's going :(

Thank you all for the kind compliments :) She is a lovely old girl but downsizing is the thing round here.

[quote name='Billy Apple' timestamp='1392154787' post='2365499']
I realise the ducking stool takes up a bit of room, but the mustache twirler? NEVER![/quote]
[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1392155359' post='2365510']
You're not going to let the Danish hunting bike go, I trust..? :huh:[/quote]

All going. I shall however be keeping the grand electric soup strainer.

Edited by skankdelvar

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Im sorry, but I think you are a fool for letting this go. No offence, but basses of this vintage are well valuable and sought after. You WILL regret it at some point soon. If you are resigned to parting with it , good luck and I hope you get a good home for it ;)

[quote name='remymallettbass' timestamp='1395938645' post='2408225']
Very nice , and well priced! :-)
[/quote]

Thank you, Sir.

[quote name='ubit' timestamp='1395944787' post='2408301']
Im sorry, but I think you are a fool for letting this go. No offence, but basses of this vintage are well valuable and sought after. You WILL regret it at some point soon. If you are resigned to parting with it , good luck and I hope you get a good home for it ;)
[/quote]

:) Thanks for your kind thoughts, Mr Ubit.

Oh, I'm resigned; big de-clutter and no likelihood of being in a serious band for at least a couple of years. Just want it to go to a good home.

• 2 months later...