Why become a member? ×

The "it's on the telly right now" music related thread

Diablo

A thread I've not seen on here. There are lots of good music related programs on telly and I miss them often as I don't spend much time surfing the channel guides. I'm not talking about sh*te like X-factor, just music documentaries or live gigs played with real instruments, not computers or recorded backing tracks. So if something good is on now, or on soon, post it here so others can watch/record too!

Right now, Sky Art 1 (Sky 129) is Gary Moore playing a 1 1/2 hour set of Jimi Hendrix blues stuff. Some great bass lines in there!

Cheers,
Rich

[quote name='LiamPodmore' timestamp='1391723410' post='2360713']
Sound City (Dave Grohls documentary about the studio of the same name) was on the BBC over the weekend, and is currently on iPlayer.

Liam
[/quote]I really enjoyed this, well worth a watch.

Sound City (Dave Grohls documentary about the studio of the same name) was on the BBC over the weekend, and is currently on iPlayer.

Liam
[/quote]
Currently downloading to phone. Will watch at work tomorrow.

Good idea, but I'd rather have separate threads about different programmes. If the name of a band you like catches your eye you 're more likely too see it than if you're wading through a long thread about lots of different programmes.
And if 2 things are on at the same time you can talk to other people about just the programme you're watching.

Sound City (Dave Grohls documentary about the studio of the same name) was on the BBC over the weekend, and is currently on iPlayer
[/quote]
I just watched it, well worth it.

[quote name='seashell' timestamp='1391727438' post='2360792']
Good idea, but I'd rather have separate threads about different programmes. If the name of a band you like catches your eye you 're more likely too see it than if you're wading through a long thread about lots of different programmes.
And if 2 things are on at the same time you can talk to other people about just the programme you're watching.
[/quote]

I'd rather it was all in one thread. I've subscribed to the thread so will get an email notification (on my phone) when someone posts. When they're in separate threads I only see them when I log in on my Mac, which is usually well after the programme has finished.

Liam
[/quote]
Very interesting documentary. What a sound. I listened to a lot of the albums today after I watched this and it really is an amazingly rich full sound. Digital has come on so much that I can't ever see anybody returning to analogue and tape but wow it sounded awesome. Thanks for the link.
Toni Blackburn is currently on piers Morgan if anyone's interested. Lol. :D

[quote name='Diablo' timestamp='1391895959' post='2362495']

10:30pm tonight, BBC4 (sky 211) is a documentary on "Wish You Were Here", not the sitcom but the Pink Floyd album, followed straight after by them live in concert.

Cheers,
Rich
[/quote]
Pink Floyd gets me down. I love their music but it takes something out of me. I know that sounds artsy fartsy and gay ( in the non homosexual way, this is not a homophobic post ) but it really does wear me out. I'm too old for it but I used to really love it when I had a bit of soul to spare.

[quote name='ezbass' timestamp='1392068799' post='2364410']
I really liked this format when he was looking at albums, but this seems a bit po faced.
[/quote]

Or perhaps retrospective in a rose tinted way...?

Whenever I hear any one say 'Joy Division', my mind always adds '...oven gloves'

BBc4 , just finished , and thought of this thread , though a follow up show is now on, but Neil Sedaka ,King of Song will be on the iplayer I guess , but what a fantastic story , reallly well told and boy does it bring his songs to life , he comes across as a decent bloke aswell as it happens, I enjoyed the show , worth it if you can get to see it.