Why become a member? ×

COG Pron Thread

woodyratm

This arrived today...

[URL=http://s66.photobucket.com/user/albakio/media/20140428_130031.jpg.html][IMG]http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h241/albakio/20140428_130031.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

"The Punisher" Knightfall 66, with a bit more gain on the second channel! B)

I CANNOT WAIT to try this out tonight! :)

I received my Knightfall 66 yesterday and immediately got it hooked up the board with the new '65 Octave. All I can say is 'guitar slayer'....top work again by Tom :D :D :D

at practice last night it sounded ace - signal chain : Sandberg PM5 / Line6 XD-V75 wireless / Sansamp RPM with Thumpinator,MXR M87 comp,GEB7 EQ,T-65 octave, 66 Knightfall, TC Polytune, Sansamp PBDDI in the effects loop of the RPM. All into a Crown XLS1500 Drivecore through an Ampeg 8x10

Edited by intime-nick

[quote name='intime-nick' timestamp='1398930184' post='2439046']
I received my Knightfall 66 yesterday and immediately got it hooked up the board with the new '65 Octave. All I can say is 'guitar slayer'....top work again by Tom :D :D :D

at practice last night it sounded ace - signal chain : Sandberg PM5 / Line6 XD-V75 wireless / Sansamp RPM with Thumpinator,MXR M87 comp,GEB7 EQ,T-65 octave, 66 Knightfall, TC Polytune, Sansamp PBDDI in the effects loop of the RPM. All into a Crown XLS1500 Drivecore through an Ampeg 8x10
[/quote]

Love my t-65 nice board

Andy

I got my Knightfall 66 today. I know you guys were saying good things about these, but it wasn't till I plugged it in that I truly understood what it was all about. No tone suck, no bass suck, just oodles of lovely dirt. And tone to die for. And so many tonal options are available with the knobs & the 10 (yes10!) internal dip switches. It's amazing. I'm totally blown away with it. Finally, a pedal that out of the box just does 'it', and just in case you were wondering, you won't be seeing this baby in the f/s section anytime ever.
Tom, you're a bloody star. I'll be back for something else soon.

Agreed, it's ace! So far I've tried a Fuzzrocious Demon into it which added some nice high end, it sounded pretty good. My boost pedal also gives me more options on top. Also, we're doing Micheal Jackson's Black Or White on one of my gigs this weekend and my octave into a high gain setting is just mental. I'm not sure whether to offer my guitarist the nappy or wear it myself.......

[quote name='ratman' timestamp='1399570602' post='2445506']
I got my Knightfall 66 today. I know you guys were saying good things about these, but it wasn't till I plugged it in that I truly understood what it was all about.
[/quote]

Absolutely, mine has already knocked the B3K and SFT off the board!...It stacks so well with other pedals too, makes the Rat sound even more aggressive and it seems to give the Tall Font Russian even deeper subs! :o Our drummer nearly s**t his pants when I kicked that on the other night! :lol:

I have the first channel (with MOSFET clipping) as "always on" grit now, as it's so dynamic, and I've never really been able to do that with a dirt pedal before...

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1399639870' post='2446164']
Ooo, this is totally turning into a 'share your 66 clipping choices' ;)
I'm currently on Germs for low gain and LEDs for high gain
[/quote]

So it is! It's going to take a while to properly explore all the choices but for my gigs this weekend I'm going with germanium for my low gain & LED for medium gain. And a boost pedal to give each channel a little extra poke here and there.