Why become a member? ×

Ibanez Single Cut Bass.

ambient

[quote name='Prosebass' timestamp='1391250968' post='2354928']
It is really difficult to get the proportions right on a singlecut and then opinions are always subjective.
I think this one has it about 'right' but then what would I know? ;)

[attachment=153811:Sonorous06.jpg]
[/quote]

That looks OK apart from the rather square shape and the funny little plate with the controls on :blink: .

Edited by ambient

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Got my hands on one of these today. Really impressed for the price!

I know that without pics etc, so here you go :-) apologies for poor quality, it's just uploaded from my phone!

Edited by skej21

I've played one, and it is really good. The fret work wasn't the best, but the tone and feel in the bass was nice. Frets can be properly done for a reasonable cost. Remember, this is a really cheap highend bass...
Btw, single cut basses tend to be rather ugly, but Chris Benavente makes some good design:

Edited by bassmayhem

I think it looks fantastic, but then I do like a single cut bass... Agree about proportions being a little odd - I do quite like the hippo/tongue thing this ibanez is doing though!

I think the current range of Brubaker SC's have the proportions absolutely perfect.

[quote name='visog' timestamp='1391246968' post='2354877']
First UK pricing I've seen £769 which is very reasonable for a Bart-loaded 6.

So it'll all be in the sound and playability...
[/quote]

Having tried it out extensively, I'm super impressed with it. The barts are as good as you'd expect but it's the finish and playability that is really awesome. Normally I don't get on with 6ers because of the fatness of the neck but it's really easy to adjust to this (maybe because the string spacing is right for me!). The feel of the neck is lovely and thin, just like most ibanez models, and the curves on the body make the bass feel wonderfully comfortable. For under £800, it's a steal. I'm fighting GAS now :-)

Edited by skej21

• 4 months later...