Why become a member? ×

New solid state Orange

0175westwood29

this looks like a nice head, and considering how nice the solid state guitar heads sound this should be pretty interesting. like the sound of a clean side to there amp can see alot of people liking this if the price is right i might look into one for a second amp.

https://www.orangeamps.com/products/bass-guitar-amp-heads/ob-1k-bass-amplifier/

andy

[quote name='Salt on your Bass?' timestamp='1390566281' post='2346907']
Be interesting to see how it compares to the TB1000. Possibly more versatile. I'd also like to see a rear shot to see whats going on.

orange sleeve extra....hmmmm.....
[/quote]

im guessing same power stage, so will be scary loud! but with the pre amps will be super clean. however just saw that sleeved its like 1599? thats from a mate but sorry orange ill get the ad200b

andy

[quote name='Cosmo Valdemar' timestamp='1390572498' post='2347029']
Do they say how much it is?
[/quote]
[quote name='0175westwood29' timestamp='1390568240' post='2346939']
just saw that sleeved its like 1599?
[/quote]

At that price, there is some serious competition in the SS world - it had better be amazing!

Agreed it seems odd that it's that heavy and class D.

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1390575841' post='2347109']
The way I read it, it's marketed more towards the super clean, more hi fi end of the market (albiet with the option to add colour*), so is is a different beast to the AD200

*orange, obviously
[/quote]

sort of sitting in the same kinda league as the 2001rb gk heads, the gain stage and blend is foot switchable so it basically 2 channels its is getting more interesting but 1000w of clean power as the bt1000 is scary loud!

andy

Edited by 0175westwood29

I'm sure its a nice amp but over a grand for a really heavy class D that is more expensive than your flagship tube amp just seems kind of strange. I also don't see many people going for Orange for the 'clean hi fi' sound, though I'm sure a line of high profile endorsers will magically switch after being suitably impressed/paid/whatever.

I do like the blending capability idea though.

[quote name='thodrik' timestamp='1390854438' post='2350508']
I'm sure its a nice amp but over a grand for a really heavy class D that is more expensive than your flagship tube amp just seems kind of strange. I also don't see many people going for Orange for the 'clean hi fi' sound, though I'm sure a line of high profile endorsers will magically switch after being suitably impressed/paid/whatever.

I do like the blending capability idea though.
[/quote]

think is i dnt think it will be mega "markbass" hi fi i can see a lot of metal bassists going for it, im also thinking there might be a trick or two on the back as there still no pictures, that i can find.

andy