Why become a member? ×

behringer's take on the streamliner...

LukeFRC

Yes, 2000 watts (and only 1000 for the valve pre-amp version). Quite why they have to do this beats me - how many people will decide not to buy them through fear of damaging their speakers? Plus they`ve not got enough of a name in the bass amp market anyway. Keep them to the regular 500 watts which is plenty loud enough and if sales work out then add higher powered models. Seems daft to me.

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1390731997' post='2348629']
Yes, 2000 watts (and only 1000 for the valve pre-amp version). Quite why they have to do this beats me - how many people will decide not to buy them through fear of damaging their speakers? Plus they`ve not got enough of a name in the bass amp market anyway. Keep them to the regular 500 watts which is plenty loud enough and if sales work out then add higher powered models. Seems daft to me.
[/quote]

Probably 2000 TC-style watts.

[quote name='Beer of the Bass' timestamp='1390677485' post='2348293']
It does look like they've got LEDs behind the valves to make them look brighter though, which always looks naff IMO. Why do they do that? ECC83s don't usually glow as much as that! Although it could just be that the picture is a computer rendering...
[/quote]

Because the valves in Behringer gear don't actually do anything.

[quote name='DarkHeart' timestamp='1390734955' post='2348699']
The guitarist in the band im in had 2 Bugera valve amps, lovely sounding amps that lasted 1 1/2 gigs each, i dont think ill be bothering with these.
[/quote]

They do sound incredible. I like all of their and Behringer's stuff except for their bass amps, if you get a good one it will last as long as anything else. I just don't see why they let poor quality control let them down.

Guest bassman7755

SO theyve taken a streamliner and added a compressor, if only it had a tuner it would be the ultimate rh/streamliner hybrid - the perfect amp.

Guest bassman7755

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1390735165' post='2348704']
They do sound incredible. I like all of their and Behringer's stuff except for their bass amps, if you get a good one it will last as long as anything else. I just don't see why they let poor quality control let them down.
[/quote]

I think there two points to consider - Behringer are essentially giving the consumer the choice of paying substantially less for perhaps some small increase in probability of getting a dud and even if you get a dud you can swap it easily if you buy from a good dealer, secondly I believe that they typical outsell other brands by a big margin on many product lines so they will on average tend to get more reports of problems floating around the net.

I personally am glad there is a company who aggressively attack the excessive margins of others and bring value to the market - the fact that they can produce the bass DI for 1/7th the cost of sansamp make you realise how much the latter are taking the piss on price.

Edited by bassman7755

On quality control, if makers are manufacturing in North Korea as most do now in the slave labour camps, how much pride would you have in your work if you had just been given 25 years hard labour for failing to name 20 current party officials when questioned.

Not a Fking lot would be mine.

[quote name='spacey' timestamp='1390736966' post='2348744']
On quality control, if makers are manufacturing in North Korea as most do now in the slave labour camps, how much pride would you have in your work if you had just been given 25 years hard labour for failing to name 20 current party officials when questioned.

Not a Fking lot would be mine.
[/quote]

Which companies are manufacturing music gear in North Korea? I'm not aware of any so far. All of the Behringer and Bugera gear I've come across has been labelled "Made in China".

Edited by Beer of the Bass

[quote name='Beer of the Bass' timestamp='1390737723' post='2348761']
All of the Behringer and Bugera gear I've come across has been labelled "Made in China".
[/quote]

It could still be made in Rason in N. Korea.

(I don't know if the previous poster has evidence that it is made in Rason. I don't.)

[url="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/china/10562256/Day-in-the-life-of-a-Chinese-labour-camp-inmate.html"]http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/china/10562256/Day-in-the-life-of-a-Chinese-labour-camp-inmate.html[/url]

This China ?

Excessive margins of the" free world" are often becuase they have to pay people a wage who make the stuff, instead of sticking a gun in thier back.
The selfish "i just want my cheap sh*t" attidude is OK, if that suits everyone.
Heck I have bought enough.
But just spare a thought before marching back in the shop to throw a hissy fit when the cheap junk breaks, if the poor soul that made it has too many come back, they might be taken out and shot, or they may decide thier kidneys are worth more than the slave.

Everything has a price.

[quote name='spacey' timestamp='1390738544' post='2348770']
Everything has a price.
[/quote]

Yes, it's called Capitalism and what people think is the unacceptable face of it varies widely with how they justify their purchase choices. But I think that's a subject for a whole different thread.

Certainly, you're entitled to reservations about buying Chinese goods. That still doesn't give you any basis for claiming that they're made in labour camps in North Korea, when there is no evidence for that. The parent company behind Behringer and Bugera have their own plant in Guangdong Province which does not appear to be a labour camp.

Indeed another thread, who would rely on one of these to gig ?
Down the pub with a few mates, might be OK, but a proffesional gig, would you trust it, or would you take a spare amp ?
The previous quality levels of this equipment has left many with blown amps.
I suppose it depends at what level of relibility your require.
They may have got thier act together, but would you want to be the test pilot.

[quote name='spacey' timestamp='1390739932' post='2348791']
Indeed another thread, who would rely on one of these to gig? Down the pub with a few mates, might be OK, but a professional gig, would you trust it or would you take a spare amp? The previous quality levels of this equipment has left many with blown amps.
[/quote]

Yes, there are certainly lots of tales of woe regarding Behringer online. But ALL companies have failures, and NO company has a 0% failure record. Behringer make and sell more gear than all other manufacturers put together, so statistically you are going to see more posts about their gear failing. If everyone posted about how their Behringer gear [i]didn't [/i]fail, the internet would grind to a halt with the extra traffic.

Edited by discreet

Looks like they'll be around $500... [cynic] which probably means £500 over here. [/cynic]

[url="http://en.audiofanzine.com/bass-guitar-amp-head/bugera/bv1001t/news/a.play,n.17538.html"]http://en.audiofanzine.com/bass-guitar-amp-head/bugera/bv1001t/news/a.play,n.17538.html[/url]

[quote name='bassman7755' timestamp='1390735610' post='2348719']

I personally am glad there is a company who aggressively attack the excessive margins of others and bring value to the market - the fact that they can produce the bass DI for 1/7th the cost of sansamp make you realise how much the latter are taking the piss on price.
[/quote]

Much easier to do that, of course, if you copy another company's existing product rather than investing in research and development of your own products.

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1390741580' post='2348820']
Looks like they'll be around $500... [cynic] which probably means £500 over here. [/cynic]

[url="http://en.audiofanzine.com/bass-guitar-amp-head/bugera/bv1001t/news/a.play,n.17538.html"]http://en.audiofanzine.com/bass-guitar-amp-head/bugera/bv1001t/news/a.play,n.17538.html[/url]
[/quote]

Which is more than a used Streamliner...

Edited by Bigwan