Why become a member? ×

looking for courier threads

jakenewmanbass

I have almost always used Interparcel, Jake. Very user friendly quote page and competitively priced (you get several carrier and service level options). I have used them to send basses to Scandinavia, Italy, Belgium, Germany and France, always successfully

[quote name='Clarky' timestamp='1389364738' post='2333382']
I have almost always used Interparcel, Jake. Very user friendly quote page and competitively priced (you get several carrier and service level options). I have used them to send basses to Scandinavia, Italy, Belgium, Germany and France, always successfully
[/quote]

Same here. Usually opting for UPS of the couriers they use.

I recently sold my ten2 combo to a BC member in Denmark. I used Parcel2go standard service, which uses UPS, and I was pleasantly surprised at how efficient it was. Check out the [url="https://www.parcel2go.com/universaltracking.aspx?tk=P2G17394084&utm_source=parcel2goorders&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ORDER_CONFIRMATION_v2"]Tracking details[/url] to get some idea of the service.

Interparcel are good, I've used them a lot and I've had no problems using UPS via them, avoid using Hermes though, it may be the cheapest option but they have a habit of not collecting when booked and last year lost something that was sent to me by a fellow BC'er.

Like the old joke says, "what have you got? Answer: Hermes. Dont you mean Herpes? No, I'm only a carrier.........."

Ironic really as Hermes are quite the worst carriers I have ever come across (apart from Yodel maybe). I think even Interparcel (who are effectively brokers in the middle) are embarrassed by them if my experience is anything to go by.

UPS via Interparcel. I've sent stuff to France, Germany and Japan with them. The European prices weren't bad at all (not much more then sending a similar item within the UK, but sending to Japan was considerably more expensive (over £200 IIRC) - although the bass did arrive there quickly and safely.

I'm trying to send an amp to a BCer using Citilink via Interparcel, next day service. They failed to pick it up on Wednesday. This was rescheduled for today, and they failed to show up again. I've just had a message from the recipient saying that they have just delivered a shelving unit to him, apparently from me!!

[quote name='jakenewmanbass' timestamp='1389356475' post='2333188']
I'm sure I'm being an idiot and I'm well aware that there have been many courier threads on here, I'm looking for some courier recommendations for international shipping... can anyone shed light or point to former threads that do. Ta :)
[/quote]

There's tons of them - everything from woes to tales of joy :) It's really a matter of trust - what company would you trust? A lot of folks on here will say never use parcel force. Frankly, I've sent quite a few things with them and never had any trouble at all. Downside with Parcel Force is that musical instruments aren't insured. The golden rule, IMO, though - package anything like it needs to survive a nuclear blast. Take no chances - pack that puppy up! :)