Why become a member? ×

Nux Pedals

fretmeister

I bought the "mod core" pedal this year and it's superb. Cast metal casing, quality switches and knobs and sounds superb. I bought it as a cheap chorus for recording some guitar parts, but the tremolo and rotary speaker simulator in particular are superb. I'm using it on my bass now.

I've got the delay pedal. Its good, the switching is a little bit odd but you get used to it and the sounds are very nice. For £30 its outrageous value.

I wrote a quick review and recorded some sound samples, you'll find them in a post over at thefretboard fretmeister. My work's net filter has banned that site here so I can't find the link to post it directly...

Sam

http://www.donnerdeal.com/

Marcmart also trading as Donnerdeal sell them ( there are other threads on BC about Marcmart )

I think one or two members never received their pedals. I ordered a Mod Core on 29th Dec and nothing. After 12 days, I registered on the Donnerdeal/Marcmart webby ( reg uses your email ) and clicked ' My Order ' and it said i hadnt made any orders, though my Paypal account tells me otherwise. Imminent chargeback , but i'm wating for one more week, as Paypal gives you 45 days in all to do a refund

Edited by fleabag

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Recently got a Nux Mod Core on Ebay from this seller: [u][color=#0000ff]hossen-au[/color][/u]
£25.99 delevered quickly - seems UK stock.
Pedal looks well built - 'proper metal jacks etc' though I know some suspect switch failures reported.
Pots feel good.
In General good sounds and seems very quiet in terms of noise etc ? (not really tested that thoroghly but first impressions)
Possibly better for guitar and the parameters you can alter are limited - the 'Tweak' Knob is not active for all effects and even where it is I don't get the same sense of control I get on other pedals (analogue) or rack units (digital). This pedal is digital btw.
But the Rotary Speaker, UniVibe and Tremelo effects seems good. So undecided whether to keep or move it on.
Colour is very nice :-)

Edited by rmorris

• 1 month later...

Just ordered another 'Mod Core' for £25 off the 'bay. Buying from a UK seller this time, so at least if it goes 'mammaries rampant' like the last one then I've got a viable returns Option.

Still a great piece of kit, and for the money it's easily the best Rotary simulator on the market.

• 1 month later...

Has anyone tried one of the Chorus pedals ? There seems to be a few options, starting with the ' CORE ' range.... the white NUX Chorus Core, then there's the yellow NUX CH-3 Vintage ( 1 less knob than the Chorus Core )

Then we have the slightly dearer, funky looking shiny metal Biyang range, with the CH-8 and CH-7 Analog Choruses , and i cant see what the difference is between them, just looking at the pics. Plus the Biyang CH-10

There's the Daphons and Joyos, but i'm not sure about those. I'm dubious about buying a Chorus pedal without user reviews, because some of them eat your low end

http://www.donnerdeal.com/pedal/chorus.html