Why become a member? ×

Chinese fakes. Similar to some items on fleabay?

itsmedunc

This has probably come up before but its no wonder places like ebay are full of fakes.

Im sure on this site (there are many others) I found a copy of a Squier Silver Series Precision that someone on here had once pointed out something similar on fleabay. Nobody could agree if it was fake as nobody thought faking a Silver Series was worthwhile. I must admit that some of their instruments are very tempting...

[quote name='SlapbassSteve' timestamp='1388442292' post='2322135']
Has anyone bought anything from this site? Or Tradetang, I remember that being similar. Some very convincing R copies on there, and given the choice between a massive Chinese wholesaler and John Hall I know who I'd rather have my hard-earned money...
[/quote]
It's worth bearing in mind that some of the sellers use pictures of the genuine article. What you'll receive is very unlikely to be the same thing.

[quote name='Hobbayne' timestamp='1388502100' post='2322746']
This made me laugh. :D
[u][size=4][b]It normally takes about 5-6 days to deliver the items. Then you can get the items after hearing knock on your door.[/b][/size][/u]
[/quote]
Now that's what i call the personal touch. :)

• 1 month later...

[quote name='cytania' timestamp='1393190934' post='2377239']
I was amazed to see a Lemmy Rickenbacker in there, all that carving would be hard to replicate, but a quick Google image search showed they'd simply ripped off a common picture of the real thing...
[/quote]
How else did you think they would do it? :unsure:

Genuine fake knockoffs of the 4004LK do exist:

[i]*pics deleted for fear of The Wrath Of Hall*[/i]

That turned up on Fleabay about 5 years back, around the time those rather sexy Bach copies were around. It was brand new & not all that dear.

Jon.

Edited by Bassassin

[quote name='Bassassin' timestamp='1393201464' post='2377392']
Genuine fake knockoffs of the 4004LK do exist:

[i]*pics deleted for fear of The Wrath Of Hall*[/i]

That turned up on Fleabay about 5 years back, around the time those rather sexy Bach copies were around. It was brand new & not all that dear.

Jon.
[/quote]
Pictures are fine Jon, as is discussion of fakes. It's just links to any ads that are banned. :)

[quote name='Woodinblack' timestamp='1393201395' post='2377391']
Ask Lemmy if they could borrow the original to copy? :D
[/quote]
Nobody actually ASKS Lemmy to lend anything, they just put a trail of 50cl shot glasses of Jack Daniel's that is long enough to lead him astray for a while. ;)

[quote name='Musky' timestamp='1393230485' post='2377476']
Pictures are fine Jon, as is discussion of fakes. It's just links to any ads that are banned. :)
[/quote]

Thanks - suddenly got cold feet over all the hot JH action I missed while I was gone! :lol:

Here it is, then:

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:35315] [sharedmedia=core:attachments:35316]

J.

[quote name='Bassassin' timestamp='1393245980' post='2377665']
Thanks - suddenly got cold feet over all the hot JH action I missed while I was gone! :lol:

Here it is, then:

J.
[/quote]
That is a pretty amazing copy, just missing a bit of gold plating. If I saw a one of these about I'd have to buy it just to hang on the wall. :)