Why become a member? ×

Solution to your Barefaced problems found!

LukeFRC

So it seems every few days there is a thread posted about something about Barefaced cabs about how awful they are, about how the handles fall off, how they give you halitosis and that they just aren't very good.

Often times it turns into a bit of fight, BUT I've listened to your posts, and I'm just concerned - firstly that you're have a cab that you're so unhappy about and secondly - have you thought of the effect of all this rage and bitterness on your health?

So I have a solution, and way to improve your Barefaced cabs, a little mod if you will

I'll warn you: It's not an Alex approved solution, I have no idea what it will do to your SPL, your driver excursion, your cab tuning, or.. . what is SPL anyway now that Celtic are going to win every year? but i is a solution that will remove them from your life and keep your doctor happy.

My super solution to your barefaced woes. - give them to me.

That's right post them to me, and i'll post you something back.
Looking around I've a tecamp 210, a roland combo, a jazz bass... after that I'm running low on things I could post but looking around I can see a 50's Bush phonogram, a toy keyboard, [s]the wifes hairdryer, [/s]some tinsel, calvin's institutes, half a bottle of bike chain lube, most the asterix books, star wars episode one- and I think we have an aubergine in the fridge.
The aubergine doesn't even need handles and is a one handed lift.
I'll miss the aubergine come dinner time but will instead feed on that happy feeling knowing that I've made your life that much better.
glad to have helped you 'all

LukeFRC

I would have gone for the Asterix books, and the Aubergine of course, in exchange for my pristine Compact. However it's been trouble-free for the past two years. If I wait until the new year, things might change though*.

[size=2]*Any opinions or offers expressed in this post are not necessarily those of the author.[/size]

I have had owned the following makes of amp/cab, Ampeg,Bearfaced, Carlbro,Fender Bass Man, GK, Hartke,Laney, Mesa Boogie,Mark Bass,Peavey,Trace Elliot, Warwick .

& the only two things I use & will always use are the MB little Rocker & the BF super 12T ( I do wish I had kept the Fender Bassman though as an investment)

As for the weight of the BF super 12T , if you can't easily lift it then I would be surprised if you had the strength to get out of bed .The handles are fine by the way ;)

I can't stop giggling at the aubergine being a one handed lift :lol:

I love Barefaced cabs, I have to admit the main things that put me off getting one were the look, and that I prefer larger cabs... Mostly for aesthetic reasons... I realise the irony of somebody saying this when they play markbass ;)

[quote name='Paul S' timestamp='1387122467' post='2308381']
Actually, in terms of finish and weight, a large avocado (with the stone removed) would look similar to a Midget.
[/quote] I like a good avocado - you know there are some with slightly smoother finish and some with more bumpy finish.
I mean skin.

[quote name='3below' timestamp='1387096873' post='2308093']
Does the chain lube come out of the tube? Will the lid remain on? These are serious quality control issues. I confess I have a BF Dubster and previously a Big One so I am clearly deranged and devoid of judgement.
[/quote] it's in a wee plastic bottle, with a screw lid. It's called epic ride. I don't know about your judgement but it will make your bike ride better so you can get to wherever you're going quicker- derangement and speed.

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1387124119' post='2308411']
it's in a wee plastic bottle, with a screw lid. It's called epic ride. I don't know about your judgement but it will make your bike ride better so you can get to wherever you're going quicker- derangement and speed.
[/quote]

A lube called "epic ride"?
This topic is on the wrong forum.

As to the Asterix books, do you have Asterix does Britain featuring the British king Mykingdomforonos?
Might advance a Pratchet or two against that and throw in so e old viz mags for one of the extra Barefaceds you're going to have.

Edited by Monckyman

[quote name='Paul S' timestamp='1387125504' post='2308429']
Indeed Avocado is food of the gods. You can't eat a Midget!! I might visit Morrisons and see if they have any, then start a trade post.
[/quote] the morrisons at the end of our road shut at 4 so you've missed today's avocados. Maybe try tomorrow?

[quote name='Monckyman' timestamp='1387128039' post='2308454']
A lube called "epic ride"?
This topic is on the wrong forum.

As to the Asterix books, do you have Asterix does Britain featuring the British king Mykingdomforonos?
Might advance a Pratchet or two against that and throw in so e old viz mags for one of the extra Barefaceds you're going to have.
[/quote] I do, I have it at an odd A5 size- ex Essex Libraries. So will fit into your gig bag. And while it is half the size and weight it still has the full tone of the larger version, all the comic punch you need.
It possibly will not work with very low sensitivity eyes. The NHS can help out with high tech and precision crossover they call a "Varifocal"

You do know you can get 'Calvin's Institutes' online for free! I think if I went for this option I'd need the Aubergine as well, if you have eaten/are thinking about eating half of it that's fine with me, at least you could give me your opinion on if it's got a woolly, sharp or fat tone, oops, I mean taste :lol:!

Edited by jimbobothy

[quote name='jimbobothy' timestamp='1387391779' post='2311509']
You do know you can get 'Calvin's Institutes' online for free! I think if I went for this option I'd need the Aubergine as well, if you have eaten/are thinking about eating half of it that's fine with me, at least you could give me your opinion on if it's got a woolly, sharp or fat tone, oops, I mean taste :lol:!
[/quote] well I do know how to cut it in a way that the cut matches the volume of the vegetable to tune it perfectly. Eq with salt to taste.
My two volumes published in 1935 were free too, one day I may even read them!

What colour is the tinsel? I am afraid that I don't have a bf cab to swap.....but I can swap a fight, something that occurs around bf cabs.

I would be happy to swap the fight that i am currently having with my three year old about eating dinner.......

You gain an unwinnable fight, I gain tinsel