Why become a member? ×

Calling Bass Players in Scotland. Calling Bass Players in Scotland

Donnyboy

Cameronj279 posted this in the main Bass Relay thread :

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]"The current plan is for the bass to be courier upto Glasgow by the 17th for Donald and I (gig on 18th and 20th). [/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I had a word with Campbell Owens (Original Aztec Camera bassist) who has said he'd like to play the bass on the 18th as well! "[/font][/color]

[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#282828"]​Cameron's ( and Campbell Owens) gig is in Glasgow , mine is in Falkirk.[/color][/font]

[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#282828"]Any bass players in Scotland interested in having a go? [/color][/font][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]There's bound to be plenty of g[/font][/color][font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#282828"]igs happening at this time - maybe even a Christmas Eve or Hogmany bash.[/color][/font]

[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#282828"]​Don't be shy , there's not much to it , just need to arrange hangovers, sorry, handovers, play a number or 2, or whatever suits [/color][/font][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif],[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] on a bass that's felt the touch of the great and the good, and also some famous sorts. ;)[/font][/color]

[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#282828"]It's good fun and any donations go to a very good cause.[/color][/font]

[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#282828"]If interested or want to know anything about it all, please get in touch[/color][/font]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cheers[/font][/color]

I'm based in Edinburgh but I'll be playing in Glasgow on the 14th, at Stereo...
If the bass could be up in Glasgow by then maybe we can sort something out?
I have another gig in Edinburgh on the 15th... but that'll be my last of the year as I'm taking a break for Xmas, until the 30th.

Thanks all.

There's no rush for The Bass to be heading off,so an extended Scottish holiday should be fine.

EMG456's gig at end of January should be ok.

It'll be coming up on the 17th Dec and Cameron and Campbell Owens will use it on 18th in Glasgow,and be using it in Falkirk on the 20th.

That means that mcnach could use it on 30th and Beerofthebass on 3rd Jan. If anyone else has anything that's be great.

Thanks to those interested but with no gigs, I'm sure if you wanted to get involved or have a shot at a rehearsal or suchlike that's be fine.

I like the way this is shaping! :)
I'll be back from Southern Territories late on the 29th, so I don't have a lot of time to travel anywhere to pick the bass unfortunately. If Martin (Beer of the Bass) were able to get it by then, I could retrieve it on the 30th, use it for my gig, and then give it back for his Jen & The Gents gig...

[quote name='uncle psychosis' timestamp='1386588252' post='2301724']
I've got no gigs planned but I'd try to head along to an Edinburgh based handover/gig (McNach??) if I was available.

He's too nice to plug his band himself but Sea Bass Kid are really good, we should make a basschat event of it if possible!
[/quote]

Aw, thanks! :blush: :P

We're playing this Sunday at Whistle Binkies, at 9.30, if you're around... ;)

[quote name='xgsjx' timestamp='1386583527' post='2301643']
Same here. I've been wanting to take part since it started, but my band is nowhere near gigging capability as yet (much to my dismay).
[/quote]
[quote name='uncle psychosis' timestamp='1386588252' post='2301724']
I've got no gigs planned but I'd try to head along to an Edinburgh based handover/gig (McNach??) if I was available.

He's too nice to plug his band himself but Sea Bass Kid are really good, we should make a basschat event of it if possible!
[/quote]

[quote name='lou24d53' timestamp='1386586356' post='2301683']
Snap!!
[/quote]

I've checked with Mr James Ryan, the man who started all this - a live rehearsal / youtube clip / recording would qualify , so no gigs doesn't mean no involvement in the Relay. Don't be shy!

Edited by Donnyboy

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Beer of the Bass' timestamp='1388686953' post='2324868']
And for anyone who might be around Edinburgh tomorrow night, the gig is at the Counting House on West Nicholson Street. Jen and the Gents are on at 8pm and Sea Bass Kid at midnight, so why not come for the whole evening and see us both?
[/quote]

Indeed!!! What a great idea!!!

... and who wants the bass next? Come on, don't be shy!!! I'm in Edinburgh but I can probably transport it with me to neighbouring centres of population without much hassle.