Why become a member? ×

Glamour models can't play bass - fact.

skidder652003

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1382890355' post='2257612']
Keep it as a dream, mate - there is no rural idyll in modern Britain. There are no jobs, no shops, no public transport, no affordable housing and poverty is rampant. You'll become isolated and mentally ill. It's cold. You'll be forced into slave labour tending a cannabis farm in a shipping container buried underground, and your eastern European taskmaster will have his way with you nightly. Eeurgh!
[/quote]

You have described here what I think will be the future for most of us after the increasingly inevitable second election victory for David Cameron and the Conservatives :( . Let's face it though , life in London for a lot of us nowadays is not that dissimilar to your dystopian vision of Britain's countryside , and at least I'd be guaranteed a bit of action from the Eastern Europen overseer. I would make a joke here about the equivalence between a fired-up Mrs Dingus without her makeup on and and being despoiled by a Slavic tyrant but that would be wrong and so I'm not going to do that .

Edited by Dingus

[quote name='Dingus' timestamp='1382891836' post='2257632']
I would make a joke here about the equivalence between Mrs Dingus without her makeup on and and being despoiled by an Eastern European tyrant but that would be wrong and so I'm not going to do that .
[/quote]

Well done! :D

[quote name='Dingus' timestamp='1382891836' post='2257632']
You have described here what I think will be the future for most of us after the increasingly inevitable second election victory for David Cameron and the Conservatives :(.
[/quote]

True, but at least in town you can get crack at 3am within walking distance.

[color=#222222]I kinda like the occasional gig such as the one the OP describes – it can allow you to kid yourself that you’re playing a roadhouse somewhere in the heart of the Midwest and lends a romantic aspect to the whole affair![/color]
[color=#222222][/color]
[color=#222222]For those in the north of England keen to share in this experience, I have found that Maryport is the best place for witnessing this type of audience participation. Every time I have played in that fair town there has always been a fight between several young ladies, all glammed up for the night…[/color]

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1382890355' post='2257612']
Keep it as a dream, mate - there is no rural idyll in modern Britain. There are no jobs, no shops, no public transport, no affordable housing and poverty is rampant. You'll become isolated and mentally ill. It's cold. You'll be forced into slave labour tending a cannabis farm in a shipping container buried underground, and your eastern European taskmaster will have his way with you nightly. Eeurgh!
[/quote]

Container..? Luxury. Here in France we have to make do with a sodden cardboard box behind the midden heap. Other than that..? Spot on. :mellow:

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1382899162' post='2257777']
But Dad, surely at least the food and wine is superior... isn't it?? :huh:
[/quote]

Depends how you like your frog's legs, I suppose, and Chateau Earl Grey is my 'poison', sir. Could be worse, I suppose. At least I'm not in Paris. :o

Did I mention the limiter? Ooops forgot that bit, that went off at the sound check which prompted panic from the (2 weeks new landlady), re routed the mains to under the dartboard, covered the mic input with gaffa tape and put the band banner over the green/yellow/red strength indicator, christ, what a night.

[quote name='JapanAxe' timestamp='1382881205' post='2257478']
We had just done the sound check for a pub gig when two young ladies approached the stage. One asked me, 'Can my friend sing?', to which I replied, 'I don't know, I've never heard her.' They retreated in confusion.
[/quote]

We played in Swindon last night, sounds like the same pub.

[quote name='peterj219' timestamp='1382906753' post='2257939']
Hey Skidder - suppose better not mention it was exeter eh! ;) General buller by any chance!!??
[/quote][quote name='peterj219' timestamp='1382906753' post='2257939']
Hey Skidder - suppose better not mention it was exeter eh! ;) General buller by any chance!!??
[/quote]

Doh! how the **** did you know that????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='Dingus' timestamp='1382879961' post='2257455']
We've banned smoking from pubs , so maybe next we could ban bimbos , or women altogether . I would miss both myself , but the harsh fact is that we all know that women and drink don't mix , and you only need to go into any town centre in Britain on any night of the week to see that . Perhaps we need to admit that Britain was a much better and much safer place when men went out drinking and their women waited at home for them .
[/quote]
This is 2013 - not 1913.

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1382882612' post='2257498']
Glamour models can't play bass? Nonsense!

You want proof?

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcATvu5f9vE[/media]
[/quote]

I don't see the problem here - looks like a pretty good slap technique to me... :)

Edited by leftybassman392